Gun Control

People are alarmed here in San Jose. Threats of shootings have been sent to a few schools, at least that’s the news. My son’s friends don’t want to go to school tomorrow. My daughter is afraid to go too. **

**Damn those idiots! I swear, these idiots must be second amendment cowards not showing their faces. All of them are like that.

That’s because we have a dummy president, who in his mumble jumble language of a 5th grader said:

“I like taking the guns early,” he said, adding, “take the guns first, go through due process second.”

His own people laughed about his stupidity of taking the second amendment rights from people. People he himself allowed to get guns after Obama had specified they shouldn’t.

Any brain dead would be arming themselves to take down the government if Obama were in the white house. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Take away the guns he said! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

No second amendment then? OK…:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Go buy a gun mister NRAcus. Go! Trumpovich is taking them away from people! Defend your manhood!

LOL…No due process needed! :face_vomiting:

Just stop. You have no clue what you’re talking about. You won’t even read if I explain it. At least stop taking the quote of of context.

At one point, Mr. Trump suggested that law enforcement authorities should have the power to seize guns from mentally ill people or others who could present a danger without first going to court. “I like taking the guns early,” he said, adding, “Take the guns first, go through due process second.”

Some people might actually care about this. Multiple states already allow police to seize guns without a warrant in cases of domestic abuse, mental illness, or immediate danger. Then the person has a court hearing to determine if they can get their guns back. They set strict limits on the number of days before a hearing must be had (usually around 14 days). Police can order a 72 hour hold for psych evaluation. That’s plenty of time to have guns removed in states that don’t allow warrantless removal. So the proposal isn’t actually something new.

Let’s examine the right to bear arms. At the time the constitution was written, that would include a knife and a Musket. I am ok with that, although most knives are illegal to carry in public. Where do you stop? Handguns, rifles, assault weapons, bazookas, hand grenades, tanks, bombs, nuclear weapons. Are nuclear weapons guaranteed by the second amendment right to bear arms?

Most reasonable people would agree that the constitution does not guarantee individuals the right to access military weapons like assault weapons, hand grenades and bazookas.

1 Like

It’s waste of your time to debate with a sociopath and narcissist individual.

Take care Sheriff!

That’s already been handled by the supreme court. They’ve ruled the 2nd amendment applies to weapons that are common of the era.

Shocking. The personal attacking machine is at it again. When you can’t debate with information…

Maybe a law to forbid SF from depriving tasers from police

You mean, that “supreme” court that has found rent control to be constitutional too???

1 Like

Gun control is legal and has been upheld by the courts. We just need politicians that can’t be bought by the NRA.

1 Like

What is going on, @marcus335? I thought these shootings were rare…

Maybe it is time for home schooling. Teachers unions, shootings, liberal brainwashing. Bullying, Pc police. Angry students, helicopter parents. Schools are not needed. Replace teachers with online classes.

People in gun free zones are soft targets.

There’s still FAR more cases of people using guns to prevent crime. Why aren’t chose cases reported with the same vigor by the media?

AR15s are for assualt, not defense. Pump shotguns an pistols are better defense weapons. Assault rifles have been banned before. I think the majority of Americans would like to see them banned
Of course the NRA will nitpick on the definition. But there are about 45 different brands that can handle high capacity magazines and are basically clones of military weapons.

While you guys are arguing (for months?) the movement for gun control keeps getting stronger. Many retailers including Walmart and Dicks now don’t sell guns to under 21 year olds. Companies are revoking NRA discounts. Just this morning Blackrock said they will become activist investor on gun issues.

The time has finally come. I already said gun control is my number 1 voting issue. I will even vote for someone advocating rent control if the alternative is some gun nuts. It will be many people’s top issue. I encourage you guys talk to your circle of influence to get people to vote and donate.

Kick the bums out!

2 Likes

I keep saying that one individual here is a narcissist and psychopath. No feelings, no remorse, no sorrow, no sentiments for what our kids are going through in this country.

Yesterday, it was an emotional day for me. I had to go and drop my daughter to school, the administration had texted us the night before telling us that the police were investigating death threats against the entire school district in Santa Clara or so.

Prior to that, my 14 yo kid had received text messages from friends at school saying they wouldn’t attend school the next day because of the threats. So, I had to drive my kid to school and leave him in the very door to his first class.

For those of us who have kids, that last hug to your kid, the one cut down by an AR-15 must be something you will never forget.

And, in the name of killing the political correctness, and to make honor to the guy who requested that, my apologies, but if any m…r fu…er is going to tell me that this situation is normal, I can tell him or them, to GTFOH!

We want those AR-15s or any rapid fire assault rifle out of the civilians hands, take them all guns if possible! Anything else is pure bullshit. If you don’t help, don’t bother.

Like somebody said to me last time, “if you don’t have a skin in the game, get out”. If you don’t have kids, shut the hell up!:triumph:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-dead-gunman-at-large-in-central-michigan-university-shooting/ar-BBJNdgr?ocid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-dead-gunman-at-large-in-central-michigan-university-shooting/ar-BBJNdgr?ocid=spartanntp

I’ll just leave those 2 quotes here.

The AR 15, for when there’s multiple burglars.

Also, people are demanding action because 17 kids died. What about the 11 teens killed every day from texting while driving? Wait, texting while driving is against the law, so how are there 11 teen deaths a day from doing it? You should be far more worried about you kid riding in a car with someone that’s texting and driving than an AR 15.

2 Likes

Even Fox news is conflicted about AR15s

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/23/former-army-officer-calls-ban-weapons-meant-kill-other-human-beings[quote=“Elt1, post:666, topic:3194, full:true”]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MGXSPf9b-xI
[/quote]