Gun Control

This new generation makes me proud. They are real Americans, with a heart of a giant, and they are going to defeat the monsters paid for by the NRA.

"If you listen real close, you can hear the people in power shaking," David Hogg, a survivor who has emerged as one of the student leaders of the movement, told the roaring crowd of demonstrators at the March for Our Lives rally in Washington.

He warned: “We will get rid of these public servants who only care about the gun lobby.”

Chanting “Vote them out!” and bearing signs reading “We Are the Change,” ''No More Silence" and “Keep NRA Money Out of Politics,” hundreds of thousands of protesters packed Pennsylvania Avenue between the Capitol and the White House.

Large rallies with crowds estimated in the tens of thousands in some cases also unfolded in such cities as Boston; New York; Los Angeles; Chicago; Houston; Phoenix; Fort Worth, Texas; Minneapolis; and Parkland, Florida, the site of the Feb. 14 attack at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that left 17 people dead.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-just-needs-to-stop-hundreds-of-thousands-decry-guns/ar-BBKCX1Q?ocid=spartanntp

Unfortunately one thing that we wouldn’t do (that Switzerland has) is mandatory military duty…

Why not do mandatory military service?

Maybe we should ban shopping malls, eh, Mr. Seattle???:grin:

See ya!!!

You can’t make this stuff up. This guy performed at the March for Our Lives.

What an idiot!!!

Pennsylvania school district has the perfect solution to school shooters. Give children a bucket of rocks to throw at shooters.

That’s about the dumbest solution I ever heard of.

Come on guys!

We know there are bunches of idiots giving stupid ideas on this subject. :wink:

They just don’t get it!

I had a discussion with a very hard, obsessed with guns dummy. He said that he would die fighting before anybody amended the second amendment. :smile:

He almost dies when I told him it’s the constitution the amended one. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nothing like people pushing policies that hurt the people they claim to be helping.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3145287

“Homicides increased dramatically in Chicago in 2016. In 2015, 480 Chicago residents were killed. The next year, 754 were killed–274 more homicide victims, tragically producing an extraordinary 58% increase in a single year. This article attempts to unravel what happened.

This article provides empirical evidence that the reduction in stop and frisks by the Chicago Police Department beginning around December 2015 was responsible for the homicide spike that started immediately thereafter. The sharp decline in the number of stop and frisks is a strong candidate for the causal factor, particularly since the timing of the homicide spike so perfectly coincides with the spike. Regression analysis of the homicide spike and related shooting crimes identifies the stop and frisk variable as the likely cause. The results are highly statistically significant and robust over a large number of alternative specifications. And a qualitative review for possible “omitted variables” in the regression equations fails to identify any other plausible candidates that fit the data as well as the decline in stop and frisks.

Our regression equations permit quantification of the costs of the decline in stop and frisks. Because of fewer stop and frisks in 2016, it appears that (conservatively calculating) approximately 239 additional victims were killed and 1129 additional shootings occurred in that year alone. And these tremendous costs are not evenly distributed, but rather are concentrated among Chicago’s African-American and Hispanic communities.”

http://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/woman-gets-gun-shoots-at-attackers-in-southwest-houston-driveway/285-532391249

Pedantry.

Plain and simple.

Mr. Henson Ong at Gun Violence Prevention Public Hearing

Oh, the irony… One of the most out spoken anti-gun people I know on facebook posted about the self-driving car accident He said it wasn’t the technologies fault, and that a human couldn’t have stopped the car in time. It was the fault of the pedestrian. Yet, he blames guns for shootings. It’d be difficult to make up a more illogical argument.

One of the faces of your anti gun movement.

Zero remorse for bullying the shooter.

Oops, I thought you were packing an AR15…

Pedantry, nice try.

By the way, any idiot here still supporting the proliferation of guns in this country?

Please raise your hands!

Never mind, I see one guy doing it.

That’s seriously your response? That from the guy that ignores national level statistics and posts a story about one incident pretending that invalidates all the statistics.