Gun Control

I was literally walking to the Wells Fargo in the middle of this block when they shutdown the street.

Officers responding to report of an armed man in crisis in the 500 block of Terry Av N. Negotiators working to contact the man. Roads in the area will be closed as police work to resolve the situation.

— Seattle Police Dept. (@SeattlePD) June 1, 2018

Ok, another issue heading to a possible Trump stacked Supreme Court…

1 Like

I would expect the ruling to be upheld by the Supreme Court.

you need to renounce your US citizenship, be an undocumented here in SF.
if you carry all you want and if you shoot someone, since you’re undocumented and in a santuary city, they’ll protect you , no need go jail.

2 Likes

It’s interesting, since I know a guy from AZ. He has a concealed carry permit there. He’s started open carrying while walking his dog due to all the issues with homeless people. He said open carry is legal everywhere, and there are pro 2A groups that’ll fight the legal battle for him. I thought he was nuts, then I saw this.

You don’t need a permit to open carry in AZ. However, even where I am in Gila Co. - which is not a rich county - few people do.
If I could do it here I think the only place I would would be on BART which I almost never use anyhow.

1 Like

So what do we do now, Mr. Seattle???

How are you going to stop it with laws?

Don’t know, but soon 3D printers will be $99 at Costco and then what???

If police and judges kill all the violent criminals, people don’t need a gun even if you require them to own a gun.

If the criminals are released to roam in the street, a gun at home might be useful to kill the intruders.

I think it’s better to let police kill criminals since death penalty is very hard and legal proceedings is very expensive. Anyone who hurts others violently should be killed by police on the spot, with camera recording to prevent abuses.

What’s the point of making guns illegal then?

Obviously some controls are in order, but this new development pushes the envelope no? My stance has always been the same: military grade weaponry has no place in the civilized world. Now, if you want to buy a handgun for personal safety, I have no problem with that but you better get training for it and you better understand the ramifications if you oh accidentally kill an innocent person on your doorstep delivering takeout…

Do you realize you can’t buy a full auto gun which is what the military uses? You can’t buy a grenade, rocker launcher, or a whole bunch of other things the military uses.

Granted, the military also uses handguns and shotguns. Military grade weaponry is an extremely vague term that can be interpreted many ways. If we take it as any weapon the military issues to soldiers, then all type of guns would be banned. You could ban a bunch of knives too.

You’re literally making up a term and saying you want to ban anything that fits your definition of it without defining it.

1 Like

To promote more homeownership, we can ban guns for renters and allow guns for homeowners :rofl:

This way responsible people will become homeowners and be eligible to own a gun. Irresponsible people will be denied of gun ownership

1 Like

Well, tell me then, what pathetic hunter goes hunting with a legal semi automatic rifle?

It is real easy to make gun. We made them in High School. For a .25 calibers zip gun all you need is 1/4” drill. Drill a block of aluminum. The firing pin can be a 1/16” drill bit and the hammer a piece of a hack saw blade.

1 Like

Well, I think one can still argue that 3D printers make it that much easier though. Literally, plug and play. Your examples from the past still required some mechanical knowledge to produce the final product.

Here is another way. YouTube has dozens
Of different types of homemade guns
The hysteria over 3D is by people that never took metal shop.

2 Likes

All I am saying is that let’s see what obviously happens from now on. You and I don’t in fact know what will happen other than again that 3D printers will be dirt cheap one day.

Point is guns are so cheap and accessible that there isn’t much point in making them.