Gun Control

People on this forum know your pathetic lack of empathy for human beings.

Sometimes, I wish that you, who has not life, no wife (poor that woman, attached to a pathetic human being), no kids, would be the parent of this poor kid killed in Gilroy yesterday. I mean it.

News said he purchased the gun legally in Nevada:

“Another post on the now-deleted Instagram included a picture of a Smokey the Bear sign advocating for forest fire prevention, with Legan writing in the caption: “Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to cater to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?” then plugging the text Might Is Right by Ragnar Redbeard.”

Another fine American by Marcus and his nutzi president.

Wasting your time with this individual. No soul, no empathy. Stay away from this kind of people, they contaminate your spirit with hatred.

Right, and California state laws didn’t magically stop him from bringing the gun into the state. Why would a federal law stop guns from crossing the Mexico border? We already know the cartels and gangs have zero issues crossing the border with massive quantities of illegal drugs.

Oh, he also broke another law by taking a gun there in the first place. The park is a weapon free zone. Those laws didn’t stop him either.

[quote=“marcus335, post:1001, topic:3194, full:true”]
Right, and California state laws didn’t magically stop him from bringing the gun into the state. Why would a federal law stop guns from crossing the Mexico border?

The ironic part of the equation is that both guns and ammo are illegal in Mexico.

So are the drugs. The cartel has zero issues getting guns and drugs. So what’s your point?

We should never try to stop anything unless it works 100% of the time.

/s

1 Like

People that actually want to solve problems fix root causes. They don’t crusade for things they know won’t work just because they make for a good political sound byte.

1 Like

But then there was this:
“It’s unclear whether Legan lived in Nevada or California in the months leading up to the shooting…”
If he wasn’t a resident of Nevada then it wasn’t a legal purchase.

1 Like

Like mental disease? Sure let’s put more money on that too. Complex issues require multiple angles.

But Occams Razor says gun control is an obvious one to try

It’s obvious to people who can only think in a single dimension. We already know multiple levels of gun control failed here. There were state laws. There were park specific laws. They failed.

Australia is the most often cited example of effectiveness. The issue with that is the homicide rate in America dropped more over the same time period. Also, there was an increase in sexual assault and burglary in Australia while those crimes rates decreased in America. There’s also the survey of criminals that says the #1 thing they fear is a victim that has a gun. Remove legal gun ownership, and you’ll see an increase in other crimes.

The majority of gun homicides are gang members killing gang members. Your response indicates you either don’t know that or don’t care about reducing those homicides, since gun control won’t prevent gang members from getting guns.

2 Likes

We keep reading the same individual who laughs, and uses “data”, BS, when people, little kids are dying because of the use of weapons that shouldn’t be in the hands of civilians.

Any other comment is BS.

I wish he lost one of his relatives in a shooting so we can read him mumbling jumbling stupidity.

Man weird arguments. Do you honestly think you have proven gun laws don’t work? Who cares about state or park level laws? Obviously the law needs to be federal to have any use.

Assault weapon ban. 1994 to 2004. Outside of Columbine, decent results.

And gang deaths? I mean sure we can try to reduce those, but I am more interested in reducing deaths of innocent, young people.

You know, like elementary children?

Aren’t you?

2 Likes

Here Marcus, you are welcome to donate instead of laughing about these deaths.

We need gun control, right? Better than that, we need those mass murderer guns out of the hands of civilians, nationwide, period! :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

Read this stupidity, Jesus!

"I did not know this individual. He ordered the rifle off my internet page.:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Sources confirmed to the San Francisco Chronicle that Big Mikes Gun and Ammo sold a WASR-10 semiautomatic rifle to Legan. The sale was legal in Nevada, but the weapon is banned in California. You must be 18 or older to purchase a gun in Nevada. Legan was 19.

The 1994 Assault weapons ban had no effect on mass shootings or gun deaths in general. A 10 year study was mandated as part of the law when it was passed. Here it is:

1 Like

I’m honestly not sure what to say if you don’t care about statistical evidence. Maybe you should look at gun laws in the 10 countries with the highest homicide rates.

1 Like

Yeah at end of 2004, you can see in the graph I posted that you can’t tell too much of a difference on 1994-2004 VS previous decades. And 10 years ago I would have said it’s overblown.

But look at the recent history, it’s blowing up. Whether it’s social media amplifying copycata or what, I don’t know, but it’s time to test the assault weapon ban hypothesis again.

Like, what is the major downside to trying that?

1 Like

I’m definitely interested in causal studies if you got them. Usually will see that in before/after effects in a country