Harvard Doesn't Want Asians

I think it is more important to teach your kids how to succeed in business and how to live a happier life. It’s silly to have the kids do stuff that’s helpful with Harvard admission but forget to show your kids how to do business, how to deal with people, and how to make the kids and their friends happy.

Many Harvard grads are successful because their parents are successful or possess qualities to be successful. Family influences is way more important than which college the kids go to.

Capitalism is best learned in family.

You go to Harvard and Yale to network. My sister met Gates and Balmer at Harvard, she also got hit on by Ted Kennedy at a alumni party. She majored in classics. At least she was smart enough to marry a guy second in his class at Harvard law. She thought Balmer was ugly and Gates was weird …she turned down Ted. I told her she should have set him up and taken pictures.

She sacrificed money for looks and personality.

She wasn’t mercenary enough. Besides a lawyer was a better bet than computer geeks in those days.

Some women would rather be poor than sleeping next to a pig every night.

I wouldn’t call bill gates a :pig:

Some prefer superficial beauty over a beautiful heart😶

That was actually my statement’s intention… :rofl:

I concluded - given sufficient length, any thread on this forum will converge to something about women.

Like Godwin’s law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin’s_law

Wait until we pivot to Chinese food. Alpha.

How do you know @Elt1’s brother-in-law doesn’t have a beautiful heart? He could be like that lawyer who lectured the greedy tenant for hoarding the rent controlled apartment.

Already did. HK borscht soup :stew:

Oh yeah. Already pivoted. :smile:

Yeah right, the Ivy’s don’t have race quotas.

Maybe Asians are too good at math. Should have dumbed it down a little.

Too many Asians good at math. What’s the use? No diversity. All look same and all think same!

Diversity is not the destination. Diversity is just a way to cope with the reality. In the ideal world, we want everyone good at math, good at likability and good at everything.

This company has “Beat the asian quotas” written in its logo. Sounds legit.

http://www.asianadvantage.net

There goes my $1M idea

I read a few of the comments on this topic and one of them came from someone who was working at such a consulting agency (serving mainly Asian students, I assume). She wrote that a recurring “issue” with the essays about the student’s choice of major was that it was the parents’ wish, part of a community need or other outside factors; in other words, the emphasis on personal drive, vision, and passion was the missing ingredient in those applications. Maybe they lacked the selfish gene, or at least the appearance of it…

Then again maybe there is something wrong with Harvard’s formula if Jack Ma was rejected 10 times :thinking:

1 Like