Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Is weird the same “reduced ordering of components mean low demand” FUD works every time. Same humans acting on them or different? If same, is that a signal to short?

@jil can stop trying to catch that falling knife now
 :dizzy_face:

Hmmm, caught today too painfully. Whatever I kept for TSLA diverted to STNE. But the amount is reduced very low!

1 Like

So much for WB stocksđŸ„ș
13% drop?

Berkshire != Buffett. His two boys are not as good as the old man.

Correct, but I still have confidence on them.

Those two only got the TEVA which has given results like TSLA.
Similar group (Baba, Softbank, WB) took over Paytm/India which I know exceptional company. Again, those two persons initiated

Buffett would join a star-studded group who have invested in Sharma’s companies, including Masayoshi Son’s SoftBank Group Corp. and Jack Ma’s Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. and Ant Financial.

Market reaction: AAPL is also WB stock, came down 20% with Solid results and good forecast.

Value will be attached to the company, but stock price is reaction by the public/market. This Company STNE (IPO) has no history, market reaction is crazy, esp at this time.

Above all, it is Brazil. Until they come up with Results on Nov 26th (Real Black Monday), we do not know how they are.

With big three (Baba, WB, WMT) in 50% stake, the float must be very less, any surprises will spike back.

With the attitude of Come what may, I bought STNE again today at $22 range.

Again? I bought 200 shares, sold 100 for a small profit, left with 100 shares. Now red $200 :hot_face: Overall breakeven.

1 Like

Be happy, My today STNE loss is more than total worth of all your STNE ! :rofl:

Today was the straw that broke the camel’s back

1 Like

Every day we hope next day will be bright ! Unfortunately, it is going deep red every next day !!

Nowadays stock goes down even without Trump Tweet !:rofl:

Today is bad.
Tomorrow will be worse.
The day after tomorrow would be sunshine.

1 Like

Question to @hanera. Is there any time in the past, Apple revised its estimate/forecast?

Here is the forecast they gave during results time

" Apple said it expects revenue in the December quarter—traditionally Apple’s most important—of between $89 billion and $93 billion. Analysts’ consensus estimate is for revenue at the high end of that range, $92.94 billion according to FactSet, on hopes for strong demand for the $749 iPhone XR, $999 iPhone XS and $1,099 iPhone XS Max that Apple introduced in September. Revenue in the December quarter last year totaled $88.3 billion.

Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri said in an interview that the forecast partly reflects weakness in developing-market economies such as Turkey and Brazil. It also is driven by the fact that Apple introduced its priciest iPhones in September this year, whereas a year ago it began selling the pricier iPhone X in November, fueling growth in that period. Weaker foreign currencies against the dollar are another factor, he said."

With this, apple came down 20%. If they revised/reduce forecast in future, we are done finally. Have they ever revised/reduced in the past? Trusting WB, safe even during downturn, I got into AAPL now. However, media , with repeated negative analysis, is breaking my confidence then and there, holding it strongly.

Since the return of SJ, I didn’t recall any revision to estimate. Initially, Apple UPOD (under promised over delivered) forecasts, causing share price to always rally towards earnings then tumble 5-15% after earnings. So Apple change the reporting to be after OE Friday and give forecasts in a range. This kind of make what will happen to AAPL after earning unpredictable, previously is always down, just long puts :slight_smile: the day before earning to make a killing days is over. AFAIK, nowadays, the result is always within the forecasted range.

1 Like

Thank you.

With the forecast they have given, The ROIC is above 10% at current price, which is a very rare chance.

The last two deep declines is about 30%, now is about 25%. If 30%, would be around $162.
RSI is indicating oversold. Should have an oversold re-bound soon. Whether it is a DCB or something good, we will see whether it can break above 200-day SMA.

1 Like

Shanghai-based MobData, founded in 2017, provides industry solutions, data services and data cooperation for its clients, according to its official website.

Another upstart :slight_smile:

Here’s a post on hacker news that says pretty much what @hanera said

1 Like

My concern is not from Qorvo or Japan Display or Luminous, but from Foxconn.

I do not know whether it is trade war impact or apple iphone orders reduction. Here is the news that brought down AAPL yesterday.

iPhone assembler Foxconn intends to slash 20 billion yuan ($2.9 billion) from its costs next year, according to Bloomberg.

Foxconn, which is the primary manufacturer of Apple’s iPhones, predicts that 2019 will be a “very difficult and competitive year,” Bloomberg reported Wednesday, citing an internal company memo.

The company cuts include a 6 billion yuan ($865 billion) reduction in its iPhone-related expenses specifically, Bloomberg noted. It also intends to cut about 10 percent of its non-technical staff and review managers with annual salaries over $150,000.

Its expenses in the past year were about $6.7 billion, according to Bloomberg.

This news follows a Monday report that Foxconn had cut overtime hours typically available for workers after Apple cut production orders for its iPhone XS, XS Max and XR. Earlier this month, Apple hinted that the 2018 models didn’t sell as well as analysts expected immediately after their September release.

Neither Apple nor Foxconn immediately responded to requests for comment.