Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Foxconn is more then Apple. This may be the net effect of US bound manufacturing moving out of China to Vietnam, Malaysia, Mexico and other countries. Foxconn is the number one contract manufacturer and almost all their manufacturing is in China. They are getting hit by the trade war.

3 Likes

Those countries don’t have the scale nor the know how to do anything of that nature.

Yes, that is the confusion. Foxconn is used by almost all tech-manufacturing US companies in USA.

Normally, companies like AAPL/AMZN will have forecast software and they declare future commitment based on those. The final result will be ± 2%-3% not big time like others are portraying, unless Apple revises guideline again. If they revise/reduce guideline, then news/media is right, it will sink further, otherwise buying AAPL at current price is exceptional opportunity.

Key difference this time is that Apple itself agrees. They will stop showing iPhone unit sales numbers.

Correct, I am not going with number of units, but Apple commits 89B-93B, Media/News tells us this will get reduced, that is where my issue.

Even if number of units are low, will apple meet lowest of forecast 89B which is 10% ROIC with current price. Even though Iphone is major product, Apple will still have 100000 in their product base.

Or Will Apple come up with change in forecast in future? This is the key question.

I understand lot of analysts are paid to say negatives/positives, but what will be the truth? This is the key.

I will spill the beans after Apple quarterly earnings in Feb.

The use of mobile wallets has been on the rise, with research predicting that the number of mobile-wallet users will reach 450 million by 2020. However, the contactless-payment industry is wholly dominated by Apple, which is predicted to soon account for half of all contactless-payment transactions.

Beyond Apple, many of Amazon’s tech and retail competitors have already adopted mobile-wallet usage, including Samsung, Google, Walmart, and China’s WeChat.

Amazon should just become a bank. You keep your money in Amazon and in return get Prime membership for free. The ultimate integration play.

1 Like

From wild west to highly regulated? Wise?

Maybe not yet. But eventually yes. Amazon is unique in that it doesn’t shy away from hard “non tech” problems like banking. It’s interesting precisely because it’s highly regulated so it deters other tech players.

Banking, insurance, healthcare. These are all highly regulated areas so very little tech penetration.

Every cash rich big company will have capital lease as a part of business. Amazon would have such capital lending business. They provide capital to prospective sellers and help them grow with their products. They get interest in turn. This is the way their cash reserve gets better return and also supports their sales channel.

Going the bank route is old school anyway. Look at GM, GE, etc If AMZN buys a bank, SELL.

Banking industry equally profitable like tech industry, in fact, better profit margin than Tech. WB holds lot of bank for higher return and better access to company management
etc.

Max downside is $35-$40. Look like Jil is not able to stomach that :wink:

WB doesn’t run the company. Merely allocating capital to them like us.

Apple falling all the way to $35?

Current trading price $175-$180.
Lowest support is $140-$145.
So downside = $175-$180 less $140-$145 = $35-$40

One day it can go to $35, GE style. :smile:

Same with Amzn and Fb.

Cash hoard = $50 per share :joy:
Apple business is value to be worth less than AMZN :slight_smile:

I understand, but when it comes to $140, there will be another RSI & MACD and another support. If AAPL goes to that level , we will have recession side.

If this is the case you mean, I am scared 100% and run away for sometime until next 12 months.