Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Title itself wrong, Apple has better fundamentals than MSFT. The current price is extremely attractive with strong fundamentals.

She is referring to the industry space, "Clearly the fundamentals are better for Microsoft in terms of which space theyā€™re in ā€” the cloud spaceā€. She is not talking about valuation or financial metrics :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

ā€œOver 1 billion iPhone users worldwide offer great potential growth opportunities for AirPods,ā€ Kuo said. ā€œWe believe that there is a greater likelihood of legacy iPhone users buying AirPods than upgrading to new iPhone models.ā€

Doesnā€™t sound very bullish.

You find negativity in any news as long as AAPL is involvedā€¦ :thinking:

4 Likes

Just being objective. :wink:

Heā€™s missing the point. You hold on to Apple to collect those fat dividends. You donā€™t expect its price to go up substantially against the broader market. For that you have Tsla.

1 Like

Jil quoted an anti-Apple NYP. There are better ones,

APPLE MUSIC LANDS ON AMAZON ECHO, AS APPLE BRANCHES OUT

Apple Music is coming to Echo devices next month

Amazon Echo users rejoice: Apple Music now available on Alexa-powered speakers

1 Like

He graduated from UCLA too.

Exactly. At least Jil get it. I think Teri held AAPL for dividends too. During volatile environment or slowdown, the dividends provide the much need CASH !

4 Likes

Yes dividend was the reason why I used it to replace my stale biotech stock.

So much hate for AAPL yet they still use iPhones. Kinda warped donā€™t you think :thinking:

2 Likes

Not warped if you think more about it. :wink:

Okay Iā€™ll put on the Bruins hat - why offer 10% discount to veterans when sales are skyrocketing? Smells trouble I tell ya:

1 Like

They donā€™t publicize it, but students get 10% off Macs. Iā€™m sure the number of people that qualify for student discount dwarfs the number that quality for military discount.

3 Likes

As of Mondayā€™s close, Apple took the lead with a market cap of $877 billion. Amazon followed at $866 billion, then Microsoft with $860 billion.

Yes I know about the 10% student discount :slight_smile:

Why only college students though? Apple is mean. :rage:

Better buy through adorama/b&h etcā€¦ @10% instant discount(Bay Area residents) because no taxes + prices are generally lower than apple store.

1 Like

Whatā€™s up with iPhone orders?

ā€¢ Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS) drops 6% aftermarket on lowering its Q3 revenue guidance to between $300M and $340M (was: $360M to $400M) due to weakness in the smartphone market.

ā€¢ Cirrusā€™ guidance cut follows those of fellow Apple suppliers Lumentum and Qorvo, who were among several names cutting forecasts last month.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-04/apple-is-said-to-reassign-marketing-staff-to-boost-iphone-sales