Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

OnePlus is a Chinese company based in Shenzhen.

Now they need to make the 8 plus cheap.

It seems TC has read your brilliant strategy for services, making iPhones widely available. Of course, he is also shamed by you, reminding him of what SJ wants… don’t be too greedy…

They need to refresh the SE though. You can’t just warm over something from 2016 and expect great things.

Just clearance sale. Will not be refreshed.

Uh, I don’t ever recall Cook saying something negative about Apple ever. If you were the richest man in the world and your business was clicking on all cylinders you simply do not see this type of public thinking from the founder. You will be hard pressed to find someone else who actually thinks like this. Their egos wouldn’t allow it. Simple as that.

Only 32GB rose gold available, rest out of stock i.e. sold out 12 hrs after your sensational post. Guess are inventory kept for replacement under AppleCare, not many replacements and guarantees expired, clearance sale. For a moment thought you meant Apple restart the assembly line for EOL product.

Microsoft recommends switching to iPhone as it prepares to kill off Windows phones

Aah, boo hoo…

"In 2010, you could buy a brand-new iPhone 4 for 199 bucks.

In 2014, the newly released iPhone 6 cost 299 bucks.

Today the cheapest model of the latest iPhone X costs $1,149!"

The writer is a moron. They are comparing prices with carrier subsidy to prices without subsidy. Anyone who’s that sloppy in their analysis isn’t worth reading. He selective ignores the original iPhone was $499 with no subsidy and references the following year’s subsidized price. He should be looking at Apple’s iPhone ASP from the earnings report. That’s the actually true number for Apple. Anyone too dumb to know the difference shouldn’t give stock or financial advice.

"In 1984, Motorola sold the first cell phone for $4,000. The average price for a smartphone today is $320, according to research firm IDC.

Cell phone prices have come down roughly 92%. And yet, Apple has hiked its smartphone prices by 500%!"

Another idiotic statement…

“Twenty percent of Apple’s revenue comes from iPads and computers. Those segments are also stagnant.”

Idiot. Mac revenue keeps hitting record revenue numbers. Even iPad has had a resurgence.

2 Likes

Come on, Mr. Seattle, read between the lines. Essentially, he is on point. Apple needs to go to unchartered territory. F the phones!!! Do something with the cash pile!!!

You mean make up something the article doesn’t say to validate my emotions?

People said that back in 2012 when the phone was a majority of the revenue. The cash pile is buying back shares and increasing the dividend every year. That’s better than a useless acquisition, and most big acquisitions end up destroying shareholder value not creating it.

Apple is more secretive about it’s investments than Google. Google is still over 90% ad revenue. You don’t see all the same doom and gloom written about Google, since they waste tons of R&D money on projects that’ll never generate revenue or profits. Their Nest acquisition is still losing massive amounts of money. They ended up writing off the Motorola acquisition. YouTube was their golden acquisition, because they could extend their ad platform to it. The rest of been value destroyers.

To me, the biggest disappointment is maps and Siri and still second rate. It makes me wonder about their ability to create software for consumers without Jobs. His ability to understand how humans expected software to perform and get engineers to create it was an exceptionally rare skill. If Apple can’t differentiate on software, then it’ll lose it’s premium hardware pricing.

1 Like

Boy, turning into how Macy’s used to have a sale every week???:grinning::grinning::grinning:

I bet quite a bit more than that get let go each year for performance. The same month every year a bunch of people resign, and it’s not because they have a new job to start. They resign before the end of their PIP, so it goes down as a resignation and not a termination for performance.

1 Like

What It’s Like to Work Inside Apple’s ‘Black Site’

Contractors a few miles from the company’s spaceship-like headquarters live in fear of termination—and the bathroom lines.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-11/apple-black-site-gives-contractors-few-perks-little-security?srnd=premium

How about 6G?

1 Like