Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

The cashback sucks, unless you buy a lot from Apple every year.

1 Like

Apple Card is something I am actually excited for Apple from today announcement. Not a lot of flare, but you know Apple is going to make money by streamlining this boring industry.

1 Like

What’s special about a new credit card? Is Apple becoming a consumer lender? There are too many credit card companies already

1 Like

Apple is all about streamlining using their brand. There are so many mp3 players before ipad or so many phones companies before iPhone. IMO, their no-fee model is gonna draw people in coz if someone is getting a new card, the gap over apple card is quite small now and iPhone is dominant in US and credit card is popular item for Americans.

I agree with @Boolean that the Apple card is the most interesting product announced today. It’s a card with a fully native digital app that doesn’t suck. With both physical and digital Apple can do something beyond what traditional banks was able to do. I think this thing will clean up.

Forget about news and tv, apple card is the real deal.

Fully digital is implemented by Paypal and Square already. It is just a credit account attached to a phone wallet. Too many credit agencies, but apple may give everyone free.

Can you pay for your McDonald’s meal with PayPal or Square? Can you run a balance on them and pay them back when you can?

It may look trivial. But precisely because it’s frictionless it will be a big deal.

Where the heck is Facebook’s payment capability? The lack of it is Facebook’s most serious strategic blunder. It may even be fatal if it doesn’t hurry up.

Google already had something similar called wallet card (or something along those lines) which they killed a couple years back. Android pay is accepted at McDonald’s.

I have never seen anyone pay with Android Pay. Have you tried?

I know people who use Android Pay, but you are asking the wrong person. I don’t even use Venmo.

Oh I just realize why I like the Apple Card so much. It’s a hardware product! With the usual top notch Jony Ive design.

Apple’s new Apple Card is going to cash in on that base human craving for devices that signal status. Because it’s made out of titanium and stripped of all functional numbers, it immediately looks different. People around you at the supermarket or restaurant don’t need to know the particular credit rating requirements you had to pass to get an Apple Card, they just see the debossed Apple logo and the minimalist design and immediately recognize that you’re a person with disposable income. At the very least, you have enough to buy the iPhone that an Apple Card would be managed with. You are a card-carrying member of the Apple consumer club.

The issue is with MCDONALD, tried to implement during 2012 but failed. They are not equipped or enabled by contract terms with PayPal.

PayPal can be used in home deport and burger kings.,etc

1 Like

Reminder: Tesla cars don’t have Lidars. It’s a joke they think they can do any self driving. It’s like driving blind.

See conclusion part.

Tesla is able to get its image recognition working before another competitor has a commanding lead in the market, Tesla should be able to scale its solution faster than the LIDAR approach for 2 reasons.

1. Tesla already has more vehicles on the road today with the necessary sensors.

2. Tesla’s approach doesn’t require as detailed knowledge of the roads, since it will be designed to read and react to signs rather than need to have all possible routes pre-calculated.

Tesla’s approach is killing drivers left and right. State of the art image recognition is not there yet. And won’t be there for many years to come. Even just following lanes on highway has proven difficult for Tesla. Remember that poor Apple engineer who got killed at the 101/85 exchange?