Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Well, they have over 200M people that buy an iPhone each year and growing.

1 Like

Money is certainly being made as we speak, but my concern is that if mostly phones are made every year and marginally better with each release, Apple becomes just another one trick pony whose lofty valuation may not be warranted. How many phones does a person really need or need to upgrade so often?

AAPLā€™s trailing PE is 19 which is below the S&P 500 average of 24. Iā€™d hardly call that lofty. They are also growing revenue faster than market average. If anything, they are undervalued by 26%.

2 Likes

Perhaps, but from a consumer perspective I am already looking down the road and I am not necessarily enthused with just phones, phones and more phones. Surely, Apple may have some tricks up its sleeve (it better) but all we hear again is phones, phones, and more phonesā€¦

Invest in insurance companies. Buffet does. :sweat_smile:

He bought insurance companies. Big difference.

Well, I meant that you guys invest in real estate, so, you buy real estate, right? :wink:

I believe I shared the same concerns yesterdayā€¦

Should we follow Warren Buffett or someone obscure for investment advice?

Why Billionaire Warren Buffett Is 100% Right on Apple

The fact that the iPhone 8 beat expectations ahead of the iPhone X release is ā€œincredibleā€ even though there were rumors that its sales were ā€œanemicā€ and were obviously plain wrong, said Patrick Morris, CEO of New York-based HAGIN Investment Management.
ā€œApple is actually the consummate Buffett stock and is available at an attractive Buffett price,ā€ he said.
Apple also fits the bill of a company with sizable and varied economic moats, Johnson said.

For those who didnā€™t follow Apple that closely, some of recent hot Apple products are: Apple Watch Series 3, Air Pods, 4k Apple TV, Home Pod, Swift, 10.5ā€ iPad Pro

Warren Buffett is a long term investor, a buy and hopefully hold forever guy who focus on company fundamentals so short-term concerns and macro-economical concerns are ignored.

Not knocking Mr. B, but Soros is dumping Apple apparently. He has done well in investing tooā€¦

Yes, Buffet is doing what real estate investors do, hold forever. Thatā€™s what I read from you guys. Right?

But we are talking at a higher level, like those in the shark tank program.

By the way, I used to hear about this shark tank program and somehow, I had seen an episode of another program of a guy who would transform anything into an aquarium. It wasnā€™t until one day at the office they had the TV on and that program was playing when I found out what it was. :rofl:

I must have been dropped on my head when I was born. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

This is fake news. Only money was made is like first two days and profit only enough to cover transportation and a cheap lunch. And some even sell it for a loss. China demand for iphone x is poor. Thereā€™s overwhelming of supplies. People are switching over to huawei big time now.

Just an observation really but a really, really good brand does not roll out new versions of the same thing so fast. Hints of desperationā€¦

Apple: phones phones phones
Google: search search search
Facebook: social social social
Amazon: retail retail retail

All one trick poniesā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

I know itā€™s almost silly. Just wait a bitā€¦

Agreed. Iā€™ve only used iPhone for my smartphones and I am planning to switch to Android soon. Apple is going down hill.

Goodā€¦ hope your Samsung phone doesnā€™t blow up when North Korea nuked Seoulā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

I am just an open minded person and willing to give other brands a try. Apple clearly is no longer the leader of innovation for phones anymore. All that wireless charging and full screen features were already rolled out by other brands months before.

What other brand"s"? What other choice do you have besides Samsung if not Apple?

Google. Motorola