Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Not as much as your San Tung chicken wings!

1 Like

Dude, I hate to ruin your day but yes, even you, will perish from this Earth one dayā€¦ I know, hard to digestā€¦

1 Like

Since I donā€™t have any friends in China and HK, but based on what I have readā€¦
Use to be Xiaomi is the hot iPhone replacement, then I think is Oppo (not sure, too lazy to search the web to verify) and now is Huawei.
Having said that, since Xi hints to his comrades not to showoff their wealth, sales of Apple products not just iPhones in China has been declining (too lazy to check when did Xi made that remark). However, surprisingly last quarter, sale increasedā€¦ could be a blipā€¦ weā€™ll know next quarter.

1 Like

Umā€¦ yes but then if you get to live 30 years longer than you otherwise would, then make the necessary sacrificeā€¦ :wink:

Also, China is important but not that important. Apple can survive and thrive even without China.

I will go to my standard reply once again: moderation in all that you do

Ok yes, good moderation would be that you get to eat Korean BBQ no more than once per yearā€¦ :rofl:

:roll_eyes:

Would be worried if years ahead :wink:
The biggest switch to Samsung is when it came up with a bigger screen while Apple has to wait for the yield to catch up for their volume. Wonder your behavior is within the norm switching or a part of the ā€œbigā€ switchā€¦ weā€™ll know next quarterā€¦ if very badā€¦ know earlier.

Speaking of which, are you planning a holiday dinner at Fresh Choice then??? I doubt itā€¦

By then Apple would be gone if its technology is that far behind.

Months ahead has no meaning because many of those jokers rush their development upon catching wind of what Apple is about to release. With a lower spec and volume, they can rush the development and be ahead of Apple in releasing features. Also, worry if Apple doesnā€™t have the same features because it means they no longer interested in following iPhone.

1 Like

Iā€™m giving you a cue to unloadā€¦if it tanks next year I expect a shark fin dinner :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have held through over 90% tank in AAPL share priceā€¦ how low are you expecting? Not easy to earn a shark fin dinner from me :rofl: Iā€™m a follower of Philip Fisherā€™s investment philosophy. I love his book, ā€œCommon Stocks and Uncommon Profitsā€.

1 Like

Then your loyalties should be with America :slight_smile:

Come on, doesnā€™t Apple hide a ton of dough overseas when it could be plowing that money in this country to make America great again??? Again, arenā€™t Apple products made in China??? Apple is as Chinese as a Mao Jacketā€¦

Umā€¦ at least itā€™s headquartered in America. What about Samsung?

Holiday dinner is a healthy meal at home, not an overdosed meal at your local Korean BBQ placeā€¦

The profit was earned in those other countries. Why should they bring it back? The US is the only developed country thatā€™d tax that money if itā€™s brought back. People love to rant about US corporate tax loopholes. This is one where the US literally taxes corporations for something that no other developed country does. What would Apple do with that money in the US anyway? Theyā€™re already paying a dividend, buying back stock, paying employees well, etc. Do people realize how many R&D, supply chain, and other corporate jobs in the US are due to Appleā€™s sales outside the US? They are getting a majority of their sales outside the US. Imagine if they didnā€™t have those sales and had to cut their HQ staff in half.

1 Like

Noo, I am talking about the holiday party that you decided to arrange with @myo. Is that off now?