Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Everybody wear it for different reasons. Other than telling time and ad hoc phone calls, my use cases are:
a. Apple Pay
b. Alarm
c. Notifications (from message, calendar, …)
d. Stock price
e. Health apps such as breathing, walking, standing up…
f. Weather
g.Turn2turn navigation

I don’t listen to music with the Apple Watch.
Lately, I have seen many people wearing Apple Watches and AirPods.

How far can you keep your phone from your watch? Can the watch function without
iPhone?

First - Around the whole house, guess is 20-30 feet.
Second - My watch is the first version. The latest version can function without the iPhone.

1 Like

After losing my iphone two times, and recovered later, I purchased Apple watch and Airpods. OMG, they are too good for me ! This is a major change in apple product.

First, Apple watch has two models one with CIM card and another without SIM card. The w/o sim connects through bluetooth and limited distance.

The other one, with SIM works as a clone iphone which I bought. Now, I switch off my iphone and use only apple watch with airpods.

I can not explain the usage, but they are too good for me that I do not want to get rid off. The apple watch software needs improvement, but that is fine as of now.

1 Like

Do you need a separate phone service for Apple Watch with SIM card? I like to have a watch with good independence and a SIM card, but it make no sense to pay 2 phone bills

Apple watch with SIM card needs data plan. There is an additional $10/month and this SIM will have same iphone number (clone one) and you can use this apple watch as if it is iphone except the small 42 mm size.

That’s decent. Does it accept text message as well?

It is replica of iphone, you can do anything iphone can do.

1 Like

Apple is rebuilding Maps from the ground up

1 Like

Are you slumming with an android or have an iPhone?

Slumming is best done with iPhones.

In Woodside that status signal is a kitchen coop in the front yard…In most of the Valley I am sure a Tesla indicates wealth… An IPhone means nothing…

Bullish sign for Tsla when even @Elt1 said something like that.

You can’t carry a Tesla inside a building or post picture of your house everywhere.

I am staying away from tesla. Not because i am not wealthy, but always had something against dumping so much on a depreciating asset. Probably that’s why i am not super wealthy :slight_smile: maybe should force myself into buying a tesla. fake it till you make it.

1 Like
  1. you should buy Tsla the stock NOT Tesla the car

2. your biggest depreciating asset is your primary residence.

A Tesla is a status symbol.Comparable to the chicken coop mentioned…Not my thing. For people that are insecure about their status…like Mercedes used to be.

You mean, the building? My building is probably already well depreciated :slight_smile: But the land appreciates, no? :slight_smile:

I wasn’t thinking straight… I meant to say your home is your biggest expense, since you derive no income from it and you can’t sell it (where are you going to live?) So you can only benefit if you downsize into a smaller home.

But now that I think about it, your biggest expense is actually child(ren). You will definitely not get any money back from them. In fact, they will take away all your money when you’re dead :scream: