Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Has that ever been confirmed? He’s never been romantically linked to anyone. At one point his comments made him seem asexual. I thought he said something to the effect of, “I don’t think about people in that way.”

1 Like

He is super private. Whenever he sells stock, Auburn University gets an large anonymous donation. They claim there is a NDA preventing them from naming the donor, but most people believe it’s Cook. I hope he runs for President some day.

3 Likes

we see its impact on iphone’s stance. There’s fear in advertising circles about what apple has been doing.

What make them fearful exactly?

He would be an incredible President. Fiscal conservative, sociallly liberal. Knows how to execute. Dream candidate.

3 Likes

search for itp, idfa limit ad tracking, etc. assumption is there’ll be more clamp down.

We need such a governor in California.

Is Cook a Republican?

He lobbied for Trump’s corporate tax cut and repatriation deals. He did fundraising for both parties. I guess he is a moderate whatever his party affiliation is

you don’t need to be republican for this. you just need to be a ceo.

My guess is that Cook is a republican, 99% accuracy. Did anyone spot any evidence?

In the 2016 election, Cook raised funds for the presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton.[63] At one point, Clinton’s campaign considered Cook as a candidate for vice-president.[64]

He is not a liberal

Cook eats Republicans for lunch.

1 Like

I think he is centrist, no clear party preference. He gets along well with both parties. But in Bay Area standard, he is more like a republican.

Really smart people don’t go to the extremes

@manch is also a ceo for his business :rofl:

Many liberals hate Trump and they are willing to sacrifice their own interest to prove that they are loyal to anti trump

Don’t think Apple want to go into ads big time. Apple hates to sell your privacy.

Don’t think Apple investors would be happy about this possibility. Self-interest come first :hugs: For different reasons, Google and FB investors would be very unhappy.

1 Like

I guess that @tomato says that iPhone can make advertisers clueless about user’s privacy using intelligent tracking prevention techniques

1 Like

Apple Pay Looks Hugely Successful by Ashraf Eassa of TMF.

Services, which includes “revenue from Digital Content and Services, AppleCare, Apple Pay, licensing and other services,” is Apple’s second-largest segment by revenue (behind the iPhone).

“Well over 1 billion” Apple Pay transactions occurred during the June quarter-- tripling the number of transactions that took place in the same period a year ago. “To put this tremendous growth in perspective, this past quarter we completed more total transactions than great companies like Square and more mobile transactions than PayPal ,” Apple CEO Tim Cook explained.

Please short SQ and PYPL.

“In the U.S., eBay is beginning to enable its sellers to accept Apple Pay and CVS Pharmacy and 7-Eleven will roll-out Apple Pay acceptance in locations nationwide this fall,” Cook explained.

Recalled PayPal was once belonged to eBay, and CVS refused to use ApplePay when it was first launched because it is part of the WMT consortium.

Per Cook, Apple Pay “is now live in 24 markets worldwide with over 4900 bank partners,” and the company is looking to bring Apple Pay to the German market "later this year.”

Cook called out transit as “another important area of growth” and told investors that "Apple Pay can be used with iPhone and Apple Watch to quickly and conveniently ride public transit in [12 metropolitan areas]

"Apple Pay Cash, our peer-to-peer payment service, is already serving millions of customers across the U.S. less than eight months following its launch,”

Although the Apple Pay opportunity is interesting because of the additional revenue it can bring to the table, it might also be a way to further lock users into the iOS ecosystem. If users become accustomed to using Apple Pay Cash to transfer money, it will increase the switching cost of moving away from the iPhone because users would need to adopt not only a new phone ecosystem but also a new payment platform. In this way, Apple Cash and other Services both diversify the company’s revenues and strengthen the company’s core iPhone business.

Wondering aloud whether manch had bought AAPL paymaster who dish out annual pay increment of 10-15%.

2 Likes

Sq has more businesses than just pos.

1 Like