Hmm, What Is Apple Doing?

Apple Pay Looks Hugely Successful by Ashraf Eassa of TMF.

Services, which includes “revenue from Digital Content and Services, AppleCare, Apple Pay, licensing and other services,” is Apple’s second-largest segment by revenue (behind the iPhone).

“Well over 1 billion” Apple Pay transactions occurred during the June quarter-- tripling the number of transactions that took place in the same period a year ago. “To put this tremendous growth in perspective, this past quarter we completed more total transactions than great companies like Square and more mobile transactions than PayPal ,” Apple CEO Tim Cook explained.

Please short SQ and PYPL.

“In the U.S., eBay is beginning to enable its sellers to accept Apple Pay and CVS Pharmacy and 7-Eleven will roll-out Apple Pay acceptance in locations nationwide this fall,” Cook explained.

Recalled PayPal was once belonged to eBay, and CVS refused to use ApplePay when it was first launched because it is part of the WMT consortium.

Per Cook, Apple Pay “is now live in 24 markets worldwide with over 4900 bank partners,” and the company is looking to bring Apple Pay to the German market "later this year.”

Cook called out transit as “another important area of growth” and told investors that "Apple Pay can be used with iPhone and Apple Watch to quickly and conveniently ride public transit in [12 metropolitan areas]

"Apple Pay Cash, our peer-to-peer payment service, is already serving millions of customers across the U.S. less than eight months following its launch,”

Although the Apple Pay opportunity is interesting because of the additional revenue it can bring to the table, it might also be a way to further lock users into the iOS ecosystem. If users become accustomed to using Apple Pay Cash to transfer money, it will increase the switching cost of moving away from the iPhone because users would need to adopt not only a new phone ecosystem but also a new payment platform. In this way, Apple Cash and other Services both diversify the company’s revenues and strengthen the company’s core iPhone business.

Wondering aloud whether manch had bought AAPL paymaster who dish out annual pay increment of 10-15%.

Sq has more businesses than just pos.

SQ works with Apple Pay. Stores still need a device ro accept Apple Pay.

Yup that is what i mean.

51%20AM

Narrative cycle has shifted in apple’s favor. Now everybody is singing praises for Apple. Complete 180 from before earning.

How much does Apple make out of those Apple Pay transactions?

Do a web search :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

According to a new report from The Financial Times, Banks and payment networks pay hard cash for the privilege of being involved: 15 cents of a $100 purchase will go to the iPhone maker, according to two people familiar with the terms of the agreement, which are not public.

10%20AM

43%20AM green just like consumer staples and utilities.

51%20AM

Verizon to offer choice of Apple TV 4K, YouTube TV subscription, upon launch of 5G network in initial U.S. markets

Apple is about to reveal a fantastic MB lineup

Apple laptops last so long. Granted, I don’t use it daily, it’s still faster than my new windows laptop for work. My laptop must be close to 4 years old now.

A typical iPhone user is charismatic :slight_smile:

Like clockwork the narrative on Apple is starting to shift:

:scream:

New Street expects iPhone revenues in 2019 will be 10 percent below the Wall Street consensus. For his part, Ferragu believes that Apple’s 2019 and 2020 earnings per share will be 9 percent and 6 percent below the average analysts’ projections, respectively.

Shares of Apple fell 0.8 percent on Monday. New Research’s price target of $165 represents roughly 25 percent downside from Friday’s close at $217.58.

No worries, profit will hit stratosphere after Tesla is acquired.

WS always force young graduates to write bearish articles.
iPhone X is so popular that we should sell AAPL?

05%20PM

Thomas has big forehead like me. Must be a smart man.

Analyst Looks to $2 Trillion Valuation

Long-time Apple analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, now at Hong Kong-based TF International Securities, has put out a note naming the next two genres that will take Apple to a $2 trillion valuation. In his words, "Services, AR and Apple Car will create Apple’s next trillion-dollar market cap.”

manch,

Still very lucrative to get on the gravy train. Few years to $2T.

I like my own positions more than AAPL. Let me see what this year’s new iPhones look like first.

Did not know Ming Chi is now in HK.

Also if history is any guide there will be a bear period of AAPL coming soon. Narratives already turning from euphoria to cautious.

Don’t know about men, but women with big forehead is a curse to her parents, according to Chinese palmistry.