Indices & ETFs

S&P breaks below 200 day SMA :disappointed_relieved: while Nasdaq 100 touches 200 day SMA with a golden cross… 50 day SMA goes above 200 day SMA.

QQQ

QQQ :+1: Golden cross. Above cloud. Price above both 50-day and 200-day SMA.

SPX manages to regain above 200-day SMA.

Why is S&P becomes bearish while QQQ becomes bullish?

S&P bearish count.

OptionsWolf is also bearish but only after SPX hits 4300-4400. Same as those uttered in echo chamber of technicians and alogorithm traders (e.g. @Jil).

3 days ago…

Some views.
https://twitter.com/TradingThomas3/status/1637450904398954497

Sound logical.

SPY?

Really? Current high growth stocks are in virtual world! Can’t touch, can’t eat, …

Long story by Dan Ives saying about the same as tweets.

Reclassification of stocks eg

Visa, Mastercard and Paypal, along with a few other names, will be moved into the financials sector.

Target, Dollar General and Dollar Tree will move from the consumer discretionary corner of the stock market, and join Walmart as consumer staples companies.

2 Likes

Hmmmm, Market is not doing good, SPX will be sliding to 3800 now!

[Edit] Market has to dip one more time and then only will resume bull run.

[Edit:2023_03_22] Market may stop the dip sometime tomorrow, very unlikely touch 3800, and then turn bullish from here.

Market will resume to bull run for next 45-50 days appx 4300 or more.

Nothing guaranteed, all the predictions can go wrong! Not a stock or financial advice.

Is there anyway to find out what the current demand for treasury notes is? @manch @marcus335 @Jil @hanera

All I know is this ETF

1 Like

They publish auction results.

https://treasurydirect.gov/auctions/announcements-data-results/announcement-results-press-releases/auction-results/

It’s easiest to just follow the ETF price movement for whatever duration interests you.

1 Like

Above chart is going around in the blogosphere. Assumption is it is drawn correctly, and cause/effect is correctly interpreted.

It is not the Pivot that triggers the crash, but FED needs to reduce the rates to recover the economy from crash and it is always late, we end up recession.

2 Likes

If that’s the case, then the market will make a new ATH before pivot occurs. Then it’s time to sell.

2 Likes

French index has already made a new ATH

And Germany is almost there.

And we Americans think Europe has gone to crap because of the war.

2 Likes

My preferred count for QQQ. Breaking below the lower pitchfork line invalidate this count.

My preferred count for S&P. Breaking below the lower pitchfork line invalidate this count.

4195 confirms bull trend… Trigger is 6 months late?

Even in this case, Bear market is not over…Market (SPY) turns suddenly when no one expects bear run.

I sold SQQQ morning pre-market (Profit taking) and bought SPXU just before close.

1 Like

Are you saying both S&P and QQQ are in Wave 3? What’s your count for the one level higher time frame?

[III]
(I)
I
iii

Ofc, current upwave could just be counter trend wave (B).

Interesting. You are the most bullish person I know.