Indices & ETFs

2 Likes

As usual, I came out of TSLA with $3.5 loss as I do not want to hold it anymore. Basically, I am not comfortable with market at peak. Even if the market goes up, it cannot withstand at this peak level next two weeks as

Today is my count down 13

(Just noticed Matching with FOMC meeting day)

All I know market is going on sideways for a long time.

2 Likes

Puru and @Jil attend the same astronomy class :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Many times I have told Media Analysts are giving nice running commentary after that fact!

No way for me to go endless debate. Just read investopedia.

Correct. It is up to us to identify and decide what to buy and when to buy/sell/hold.
For example: Will you dca AAPL at this point ($167) or dca when it is low ($125)?

In fact, you are pulling my mouth. Anyway,my long term (months, years) predictions are like astronomy, everything from inference or analytical guess, but not blind.

But, short term 1-day to 45 day are algorthmic (it is a science, mathematics). Last few days, I made a count down, that is based on inference from my market data report peaking at present time.

However, connecting this May 3rd FOMC meeting etc are analytical and making an inference.

Connecting Friday is OpEx, I guess market has the potential to go down Friday, Monday and Tuesday as I have no way to know the future. Based on the data analysis, I understand the likely chances for market to go down is higher than go up. This is not astronomy, but gives me an edge to stay cash.

Yesterday, myself and my partner discussed and stay complete cash mode as market has the potential to go down (and may or may not recover - due to FOMC).

Now market shows

Today is Day 12 !

2 Likes

Puru notices the golden cross and the indices bounce off the 10-week SMA support. So he makes two CYA comments.

Final confirmation !

Face ripper remains bullish.

1 Like

So long 4000 holds, bull market since Oct 12, 2022 thesis remains intact.

Benner cycle.

1 Like

Pretty cool from a pig farmer predicting the market 150 years ago.

Buy buy buy… the roaring 20s

@Jil

Whales are buying banks. Implications?

Are banks turning around?

AFAIK, banks generally turn around at late bear to early bull stage.

Most likely, some funds would have bought Regional banks (KRE) as they turned around May 4th.
This is mean reversion, anything goes down will come up on a pivot.

With today jump, I would not touch KRE except buying 1 stock and DCA when it dips from here. The grade is 96 means that has more potential to DCA above the lowest $36.08 Close. This is good only when investor is planning to buy/dca/hold with considerable risk is low.

If someone wants to buy regional banks or bank stocks, they need to do FA before dipping hands with JPM/BAC/C/MS/GS.

It shows that Regional Banks are being stabilized,

but never know (fundamentals) the future how market/banks will perform!

1 Like

Right now, timing good for PFE, OGN, ABBV and TMO as they are corrected sufficiently to revert.

I prefer PFE as this is 4.4% div (Just around t-bill yield) with payout 31%, low debt among the peers. This is for buy/hold/dca candidate as they are good in consistent dividend paying, i.e., investor may get better returns than treasury-bonds at the lowest and appreciation depends on income, growth and market reaction.

Do your DD before anyone buy any of drug makers stocks.

1 Like

Ideal for retirees and people nearing retirement :slight_smile: Most bloggers here are mid 40s to mid 50s, not ready for retirement yet.

PFE and ABBV are two of the stocks in my mom’s account. She’s more interested in income from dividends.

2 Likes

This is a common mistake from many bloggers.

If they are good traders or timing the stock/market, they can simply go with TQQQs (ST timing) or QQQs (LT timing).

Otherwise, these dividend payers are good for long term DCA at any age. Dividend payers like PFE are well known for consistent dividends, low volatility best for LT buy/hold/dca.

They have two components, dividends (like rent) and growth (home appreciation).
Dividends are coming out of company income and appreciation may be volatile with market conditions.

Where as growth stocks can swing like TSLA from $17 to $1250 ($414 equal) and then from $414 to $174. This is completely at the mercy of market. Unless someone is expert in FA and hard-hearted to face big swings, investors can not benefit from market.

Warren Buffet is able to hold many stocks (like your AAPL) for multi-years as he gets exceptional returns from dividends.

I still regret that I should have gained this knowledge long back, almost 15 to 25 years before. Now, it is better late than never!

Not sure about that. PFE is way more volatile than S&P.

Assuming you’re started investing in Jan 1, 1993 (feel free to change this start date)… S&P trumps PFE.

For an investor that start in 2000…

Around bottom of 2007-2009 GFC…

At all those special events, S&P trumps PFE.

You’ve to be old enough and wise enough in early days of PFE for PFE to have higher return than S&P.

Complexity comes with dividend re-invested for both S&P and PFE. We need to have the dividend schedules of both stocks and try to re-invest (or account that effect) in each stock.

There is no real comparable tool except morning star (still not perfect) comparison.

Just watch out how Warren buffet does, he is not selling any stocks big time (except rollbacks like TSM), but his daily dividends are gushing to increase his cash position 130B. He is also not investing them until he sees a discount.

They are getting the money from company income and occasionally from market. Since he practiced this from young age, now no one is able to break this logic (even Jim Simon with % YOY growth)

1 Like

I know :wink: Just checking whether you’re sharp enough :hugs:

1 Like

It’s not just the US that’s in bull market. Japan is at highest level since mid-1990.

And yet the bears are predicting the sky will fall.