Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

i hate this about service industries. Its not fair and I think they need to suffer and need workers more than workers need them if that is what prompts a change.

Workers Don’t Feel Quite as Powerful as They Used To

Fears of an economic downturn are shaking some people’s career confidence, driving them toward stable jobs—and even back to offices

Mr. Caballero says he accepted an offer that met his expectations—with one major compromise. He’ll drive 10 hours round-trip from his home in Arizona to an office in California, staying over a night or two, to satisfy a requirement to work in person a couple of days a week.

Yup…this is definitely a thing now. I’ve seen this sentiment on blind too.
Also I think the FIRE crowd will go dormant for sometime until the next bull market.

By then, should be married with kids. Don’t expect to hear from them. TikTokers era, community freedom :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

What to Watch as the Tightest Job Market in Decades Starts to Loosen

Here are the signals that economists are watching to gauge labor-market momentum

Things are so bad…that even I’ve gone back to work!

I started work at Dumpling Time. It’s definitely not the most authentic or the best but most items are fairly good. (Maybe I have low standards :rofl: ) I am in one of the SF locations for now until East Bay locations (San Ramon or Berkeley) open up.

Boo commute! And booo SF, that dirty, expensive place!

:man_cook:t3:
:dumpling:

2 Likes

You should. This is the time you should go all out working to make as much money as you can. BTFD SPY VOO QQQ or a stock if you feel lucky. Can relax after Fed pivots to dovish.

1 Like

I’m wondering how companies will handle equity for existing employees. With equity worth 30-70% less than grant price, it will make sense for top talent to switch companies and get a grant at the new stock price.

4 Likes

This is my biggest fear. That folks where I work at will figure this out and leave. This after I spent hundreds of hours hiring good talent last year.

1 Like

ICs that work less than 4 years? Otherwise you would lose a boatload of unvested RSUs.

It doesn’t matter as much if they are down 30-70%, and they get RSUs in the new company at the current price.

1 Like

Guess the key word is “top” :slight_smile: talent. Their this year bonus is also issued at current price.

Labor Shortage Stymies Construction Work as $1 Trillion Infrastructure Spending Kicks In

Contractors dangle an array of benefits—from signing bonuses to housing allowances—to attract and retain workers

House price declining while cost of construction and materials going up, builders still want to build?

No. Building will decline. But lumber prices are dropping fast. Still a labor shortage. Nobody wants to do hard hand labor except illegal immigrants. Not many since the beginning of the Trump administration. Don’t see many day laborers at Home Depot anymore. And they want $30-50/hr

Why work so hard? Support Neo-liberals like AOC for free money.