Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Live with parents or homeless e.g. tent, car, RV?

Yep. It cost me 2x for labor for effectively the same job between what my wifey purchased in 2012 and what I purchased in 2017

Most wont have parents in the bay, big chunk coming from south cal, east coast, mid west and so on.

1 Like
1 Like

We still need to do more to get people qualified for the 5M+ open jobs. The hiring could be 500k+/mo.

1 Like

Come on Colin, even you can find a job if you tried…

https://www.wsj.com/articles/job-openings-exceed-unemployed-americans-again-in-july-as-employers-feel-the-pinch-1536691533?mod=hp_lead_pos8

Record median household income and a declining poverty rate:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Great news!!!

2 Likes
1 Like

That must be fake news. I thought tax cuts never help workers.

1 Like

Whatever happened to to the mythical 15% unemployed who weren’t counted.
What is the actual number of working compared to population. Are all the boomers laid off in 2008 permanently retired? Or not counted like me?

Looks like an extra 5% just aren’t bothering to look for work… SSI, welfare, underground economy,retired?
Where are they?
Participation rate down from 67% to 62%

1 Like

You’re hitting on the key to much of the debate. This is why wages haven’t gone up much despite low unemployment. It’s why inflation is running much lower than the fed expects. There’s also 4M people working part-time who want to be full-time but can’t find full-time work. So there’s a lot more than just the unemployed available to take open jobs.

Millienals would rather play lotto

4 Likes

Aren’t they going to inherit a bunch from their parents? This kind of entitlement attitude makes them lazy.

2 Likes

Hate to say it, but I see it my Big Bro’s kids. 2 kids about to inherit over 20M easily. Yeah, so they got college degrees and are working but I sense they know. Our family building is not lasting more than one generation more. Once the moola is blown, unfortunately you start again at the bottom…

2 Likes