Latest on Browns Choo Choo train

Here is a classic case of liberals trying force engineering. The Republicans have called their bluff. Did they actually talk to anyone who knows anything about energy or cars?

1 Like

Once returning from a Vegas driving fun trip, drove from Vegas to Bakersfield(got gas, lunch) and then got on I-5. Not much to see from Vegas to Bakersfield.

Yes, many times I crossed Bakersfield, also visited Merced few times near Merced UC. Merced was very famous during 2006 sub prime as lot of developments were at that place.

Bakersfield is a kind of hub, lot of activities, but Merced is for UC mainly.

Unless SFO (or Sacramento) - LAX is connected, traffic to the cities will not be great. People in these cities travel to LAX or SFO mainly for business/commute reason. I have seen plenty of people from fresno, merced comes to SFO for 5 days (stays in car or shared place or RV) and goes back to home week-ends. Original HSR is the best way, but not the current Merced-Bakersfield implementation.

2 Likes

“It will be one of several or maybe many suggestions that we receive,” Pelosi told Politico in an interview last week. “The green dream or whatever they call it, nobody knows what it is, but they’re for it right?”

Lol, Pelosi admitted no one knew what was in the affordable care act. That’s why they had to vote for it, so they could find it what’s in it.

2 Likes
3 Likes

“and is “actively exploring every legal option” to seek the return of $2.5 billion the state has already received.”
A simple way to claw them back is for Trump to refuse to issue disaster declarations for future CA fires. He can say “sorry but you already have the money.”

Where are my kudos?.. I have been calling for strangling this turkey for 10 years. What a waste. $20 billion wasted in greenwashing liberal bullshit. I am sick and tired of liberals forcing engineers to come up with feel good crap. No wonder no one wants to pay taxes.

5 Likes

Trump’s refund?
Where’s my refund. $13b paid by 13m payers. We should each get a $1000 back.

2 Likes

It will go to build the wall paid for by Mexico.:sweat_smile::laughing::wink:

Just don’t tell the lunatic, dumb down brainwashed conservative guys. They may wake up to all the lying. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yeah, spend billions on a train when there’s not adequate systems to capture rain water to solve the water shortage. Those are some interesting priorities.

2 Likes

I will donate my 4’ of snow on my Tahoe lakefront. The irony is my snow melts and runs into Pyramid lake in Nevada. Yet the fascists in Sacramento want to meter and charge me . Keep your filthy hands off my water. BTW I have riparian rights.

1 Like

No water problems here in Strawberry. We just got the grand dump you’ve been getting. Here are some pictures from yesterday and today. There was no snow anywhere in these shots Wednesday evening – this is all from the last 36 hours or so. It all needs to be re-shoveled every 12-18 hours or it gets unmanageable. The car (white blob at the top of the driveway) is a huge project as enough space around it needs to be cleared to have somewhere to put part of the 6-8ft wall of snow the plow will leave between it and the road – whenever we get plowed; could be next week at this rate. Power is on and off but the worst was 3 hours. Kind of remarkable given that this is the heaviest snow in years. I need to get to the balcony in that shot before I can no longer open the sliding glass door. The other balcony has a screen door that opens out. Likely hopeless until late next week. The picture of the uncovered portion of the deck was taken the day AFTER I shoveled it. Did it again.

1 Like

Best skiing in years. Not as much snow as 16/17 winter but lighter and better quality.

2 Likes
1 Like

They failed to make any measurable progress.

1 Like

The Central Valley section(which Gavin Newsom says California will build while cancelling the rest of it)?is useless without high speed connectivity to SFO and LA.

1 Like

Newsom made the sensible choice. Kill the turkey before it killed us. Eventually he will abandon the whole project. I was right about HSR since the beginning. Unfortunately $5b was wasted before common sense came to Sacramento.

2 Likes

Nimbyies are motivated by traffic, congestion and lack of parking. They act in their self interest and are very effective.