Literally and Seriously

Not sure where you thought I said people have to die… I stand by my statement though. He is brash, and I fear that he doesn’t do anything really, really crazy but maybe he can actually get some things done. Why is that bad? I am tired of the run around in Washington and say in the Fab 7x7 with our idiot leaders. Do something. Almost, anything…

Berkeley police did not make any arrest last night during the violence. Is UC allowing this to happen?

Also UC Berkeley faculty has asked the school to cancel the event months ago, even though the event was not organized by the university.

This violent protest seems to be allowed or encouraged by the university. Otherwise, why were there no arrests?

If someone is wrong, majority of the people will oppose his views and debate him. Use of violence to shut down event seems to suggest a fear of the influence of the speaker

1 Like

This is what I worry about. Hotheads making life and death decisions on the haste. Slow down Donald. Think thru the consequences first. One Navy Seal and several civilians died, among them children, one of them American. Also, the optics of making that decision over dinner is not good.

Just five days after taking office, over dinner with his newly installed secretary of defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, President Trump was presented with the first of what will be many life-or-death decisions: whether to approve a commando raid that risked the lives of American Special Operations forces and foreign civilians alike.

President Barack Obama’s national security aides had reviewed the plans for a risky attack on a small, heavily guarded brick home of a senior Qaeda collaborator in a mountainous village in a remote part of central Yemen. But Mr. Obama did not act because the Pentagon wanted to launch the attack on a moonless night and the next one would come after his term had ended.

With two of his closest advisers, Jared Kushner and Stephen K. Bannon, joining the dinner at the White House along with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr., Mr. Trump approved sending in the Navy’s SEAL Team 6, hoping the raid early last Sunday would scoop up cellphones and laptop computers that could yield valuable clues about one of the world’s most dangerous terrorist groups. Vice President Mike Pence and Michael T. Flynn, the national security adviser, also attended the dinner.

Well, isn’t this in some ways how people were treating our Prez before he John Hancocked one EO? Declaring guilty before the jury is even selected??? Again, UC Leader failed miserably last night. You let a gang of thugs tear up your campus while you just stood there and watched. Wow, people are going to be scared of you now…

Since UC Berkeley can not violate freedom of speech to cancel the talk, they just allow a group of violent people to destroy the campus and force the event to be cancelled?

This encouragement of violence is really dangerous. Those thugs later destroyed many shops in downtown after they left the campus. What if they destroyed the faculty’s home? Will the faculty still be glad to let violence to cancel the event by force?

1 Like

Unfortunately, down the street in Oaktown, this excuse to let protestors run rampant in the streets and pillage and ransack businesses is encouraged… Jean Quan, I believe, tried one time to squash it but got hammered for it. What are the leaders thinking? When did common sense about right and wrong go flying out the door? If one commits a crime, one should expect someone to punish you for that crime, no ifs and buts…

1 Like

Don’t they believe in the same God? What would God feel about Bannon’s statement?

What evidences are you using to conclude that?

You said “If I see results I could care less about how he got there”. I’m just trying to see how absolute that statement is. If he has to imprison reporters to get the wall built is that cool? BTW, he’s already done some crazy stuff like detaining Green Card holders for no reason and denying them access to counsel against a court order.

But please tell me what “results” you want to see

UC berkeley is very famous for raping … hear that all the time.

1 Like

must have a lot of mexicans

1 Like

Really? More women are liberals. Why are there no complaints about that?

Btw, is rape committed by Berkeley students or thugs from the neighborhood?

Agreed, roll out on the travel policy was not well thought out. I am eager to see what happens on some of these trade negotiations as he is playing tough. Again, we don’t want a real war on our hands but I am somewhat enjoying how this brash, inexperienced President is going to work things. I know, am I crazy? Well, again, if people voted right or just voted we wouldn’t be in this pickle.

2 Likes

Just like Berkeley events, probably the voice of his supporters are suppressed now, just like during the campaign. Could this be a possibility?

Media is one sided and biased as we all know

1 Like

just did a quick google search , i hear it in the news every year. UCB is very famous in that regard

God, imagine if it were UCLA where really hot gals are…(sorry, not condoning rape but acknowledging the hotness of the coeds in Westwood)…

Haha… heard of that, that’s why the high school where my sons went is hinting not to go to UC Berkeley… yet a few folks say UC Berkeley is great because of some school rankings… let your daughters go there at your own risk.

Those suppose to be high quality students looks like they can’t control any part of their body haha

1 Like

If Berkeley does not know what’s crime, it’s a terrible place to be for sure. Maybe fire the chancellor?

That’s the reason market commentators used to justify the soft market. Like this one today:

I saw something along similar line everyday this week. The rule of law is getting chipped away a little bit everyday, the rule of Trumpcult gaining. It seems now it’s up to each individual company to bet the federal government to conduct their normal businesses:

Now maybe Microsoft will get an exception. What about Intel? Google? Oracle? Each company must plea its own case? What about small companies that don’t have the resources?

Uncertainty is bad for business.

1 Like