Market Cap Watch

The one and only company I am looking now is TEVA, again WB pick. If TEVA comes less than $17 ( WB bought around $15 ), I will buy substantial amount of money and hold it. This is the only pick I am going to buy as it daily going down towards WB purchase price.

“Black cat white cat, whoever praises Apple is the good cat.”

:smile: :smile: :smile:

WB is losing his magic. I linked to an Economist article in some other thread. He’s mostly buying entire companies nowadays, and his ROE on those is pretty abysmal.

Yes, read it, but do not believe such analysis. He is proven investment leader for 70 years. I trust him/his decision (and Seth klarmann) more than any one else.

The only investment book I completed so far , page by page , is Margin of Safety. I read/re-read that book/chapters many times.

Did not know Cramer went to Harvard!

In 1987, Jim Cramer took his knowledge of the stock market and started his own hedge fund company, Cramer & Co. Cramer ran his fund from 1987 to 2000 and had only one year of negative returns. He eventually retired from his hedge fund in 2001, posting an overall annual average return of 24% from 1987 to 2001 and yielding an average of over $10 million per year over the entire 14-year period.

Jim Cramer has a total net worth of $100 million, according to The Famous People. The bulk of his net worth came from his success as a hedge fund manager, but his success did not stop there. Using his experience as a hedge fund manager, Cramer increased his net worth through a diversified strategy of multiple income streams.

IMO, Cramer is clown of stock market ! He is good for traders or short term speculators than long term investors.

My buddy’s 4 year old loves Cramer. My wife won’t let me watch. She Can’t stand him.

1 Like

I respect money. Dude is worth 100M. Enuf said.

You are using your yardstick of success to measure WB. His investment strategy aims to be rule 1: not to lose money. Your rule 1: buy the fastest growth rate. Hence WB strategy is not for you. Just because his strategy doesn’t suit you doesn’t mean his strategy is not good or suitable for other investors. Similar logic holds for buying individual stocks.

Repeat one :point_up: more time. Don’t project your needs and expect others to use your yardsticks.

1 Like

Watch what WB does. Don’t listen to what he says.

If he’s so scared of losing money he would have put all his money into Treasury.

I will let Jil explain WB philosophy to you. Too tired. Lanterns made of cow hide cannot be light :bulb: up

If you guys are so enamored of WB, why not put all your money into Berkshire and let him handle it? I think he knows his philosophy better than you two?

If he puts the money in treasuries, he’ll lose money… immediately (because share values would drop).

1 Like

You underestimate the liquidity of Treasury. If it can handle sovereign states like China and Japan buying them it can handle 100’s of WB.

Do you have his picture on your altar and pray to it all day long? :smile:

Manch,

You misunderstood :tomato: read again.

oh come on… still discussing this?
:smiley:

If you respect money, then WB is giant considering Cramer ! WB track is proven than cramer. WB is well regarded leader in investment circle.

I am sure you have not read “Margin of Safety”.

Most of the Hedge Fund managers wealth was generated by selling their commission based equities on the head of investors. Most fund managers income is based on commissions and fees associated with their funds, but not really from the stock they buy !

Many fund managers are behind fees, commission than their ingenuity to bring up their client wealth.

All these are said in “Margin of Safety”.

Second, knowing how fund managers work, WB has even challenged fund managers with 1M bet that they fail beat SP500 and won the best. He has proved it beyond doubt.

Last three years, as soon as I read “Margin of Safety”, I stopped reading (or taking decision buy/sell) based on analysts posting (without fundamentals), but deep dive on research on companies. Unless I understand, I do not buy or sell those stocks. Most of them fundamentals reading.

Fundamentals are key and understanding market is very essential. I never even listen to Cramer, except those initials days of listening.

IMO, If someone read right stuff, they do right stuff, otherwise it goes opposite way !

1 Like

Yes, no doubt. You are right.

Last two or three years, I used hold good amount of BRK. After Jan 2018, I parked max on BRK, but sold it now. I will be parking my money with Cash or BRK.

The last stock I sold was BRK

I don’t think people need to read that book to know that…I never read it and I knew all that already about fund management…why would you buy based on analyst recommendations to begin with? If you want to rely on them then at least do the opposite of what they tell you to do…

2 Likes

Respect is just that, respect. That means I’ll never call Cramer a fool. He may play a fool on TV but most likely not one in real life.

WB’s biggest mistake is his avoidance of tech after dot-com. Actually I shouldn’t say mistake. It’s his limitation. We all have limitations, and WB is no exception. He himself admits it, and said he regretted not buying Amazon and Google in early 2000s.

1 Like