Market Cap Watch

As long as you know the truth, you do not need to read a book. IMO, Good Books are proven way to educate our self faster. By reading books, we just gain their experience in nutshell.

1 Like

I do know the truth. I donā€™t need to read any book regarding stocks. Nor real estate. :smile:

1 Like

Ahhh, do not say you never read books in schools or collegesā€¦

Thatā€™s not what I said :smile:

1 Like

92 posts (including this post) of off topic :slight_smile: not relating to the Market Cap watch. Guess everybody tired and went to sleep. Good morning :slight_smile: hope everyone has a good night sleep :rofl:

2 Likes

Apple: 823.6B (-2.1%)
Amazon: 762.7 (+3.1%)
Microsoft: 737.8 (+0.9%)
Google: 717.4 (-4.1%)

ā†’ Gap: 214.1 (-10.2%)

Facebook: 503.3 (+4.4%)
Berkshire: 486.7 (-1.3%)
Tencent: 471.0 (-1.8%)
Alibaba: 455.2 (-1.1%)

Google fell 4.1% and 2 spots to take #4. Amazon back to #2. Apple continues to fall. Now just 60B ahead of Amazon.

Facebook finally back above 500B. Facebook, Tencent and Alibaba continue to be undervalued.

1 Like

JD is killing me :frowning:

Bitcoin is going up again. Maybe a leading indicator for the market. In 2017 any fool could do well investing. The greatest fools bought bitcoins in December.
People have short memories and are bullish again. Good for bitcoin and good for the stock market.
Didnā€™t Wuqijin lose the bitcoin bet?

Yeah, he bought us all a meal. Thankful for it.

1 Like

Seems like if people are bullish enough to throw money away on long shots then the stock market should go upā€¦

1 Like

people are emotional. wuqijun is not when it comes to investing. Heā€™s very disciplined as far as i can tell, most people are not like him though. See what happened on the rumors about trump, trade wars and so on. > 10% drop in a matter of a week.

1 Like

Maybe but he is always looking for 10x deals. Risky. He is definitely the biggest bull on here. When he buys bitcoins, that is a major sell signal.

1 Like

No, when he buys bitcoin, itā€™s time to short USD and all other currencies.

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-03/with-surprise-profits-xiaomi-aims-for-100-billion-value-in-ipo
It is coming and another 100b+ company on your list.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I will ever buy bitcoin unless it becomes an income generating investment. RE and stocks generate income (rents and dividends). Not so with cryptocurrencies or any other currency/commodity. I never trade currencies nor invest in commodities.

Hence my conclusion on ā€œshorting usdā€.

Not true for currency. You can earn interests for overnight forex trades depending on the central bank rates.

That is low. It is less than inflation most often.

Depends on your leverage. Can be better than dividends.

i meanā€¦ that statement is true for any select investment vehicle. Bay area real estate with leverage is better than owning xyz stock for abc period. etc.