Millennials ain't all bad

Well, good luck, but the real world will humble anyone…

http://www.sfexaminer.com/21-year-old-tech-entrepreneur-running-sf-mayor/

Wow, @harriet, your peeps are not blowing every dollar on avocado toast after all…

23-37 is a wide range though. These articles should stop referencing the 23 year olds. How many of them have $100K or bought their first home. The media keeps dragging them into these millennial articles, but they are still trying to pay off their student loans.

Millennials Are Causing the U.S. Divorce Rate to Plummet

Generation X and especially millennials are being pickier about who they marry, tying the knot at older ages when education, careers and finances are on track. The result is a U.S. divorce rate that dropped 18 percent from 2008 to 2016

1 Like

That could have all sorts of positive impacts for society. I remember reading years ago if you wait until 25, don’t have a child pre-marriage, graduate college, and a couple of others factors then your chance of divorced drops by 80%. I’m not sure why there’s not a massive public education campaign around it. It also shouldn’t be shocking that poor people get divorced at a higher rate, and it makes their financial problems even worse.

Less people married => lower divorce rate is a good thing?

1 Like

Millennials may be the most boring generation of all time. No more free love. No more greed is good. No money to buy houses. Too scared to invest in stocks.

Sounds like a loser generation in the making. :smile:

Yup, and they are a huge generation that’ll vote to take money from older people like you that saved and invested.

3 Likes

Burned-out millennials are quitting lucrative jobs

Such a hard life:

“It was definitely New York glamourous — the black dress, leather pants and high heels, and an hour putting on my makeup,” says Solomon. “Anyone would think I had a really fun life, meeting cool people and celebrities.”

But she yearned for something more and resented only having two weeks of vacation a year. So, last August, she quit her seemingly great job at a plum downtown p.r. firm.

Her boyfriend is also a quitter:

“Nothing was wrong with the job — it was a great company, good money, six figures. I was 26 and I said, ‘Why am I going to spend my 20s sitting at a desk?’ ” says Mason, now 29. “We’re waiting for retirement at 67, and they keep bumping it up — who knows what age it will be for me — 70s? I thought it was foolish not to [leave].”

1 Like

I’m a quitter too!

:zipper_mouth_face:

How’s funemployment? :slight_smile:

People who take money from older people are disgusting. If you’re any good then go make that money yourself :roll_eyes:

Case in point: @tomato wishing to be adopted :rofl:

tomato,

Harriet posted the article 7 hrs ahead of you.

My comment. Stats lie.

Maybe. I tried to find it, but didn’t try too hard it seems. sorry @harriet

I mean… you are single, not sure if you plan to marry. i am always open to inheritance :slight_smile: me wants me some antioch homes.

Ain’t you a Maverick? Still need help?

Um… your wish for inheritance will surely end up empty handed, except lots of teasing from me… :rofl:

“Millennials don’t like to get naked—if you go to the gym now, everyone under 30 will put their underwear on under the towel, which is a massive cultural shift,” Jonah Disend, the founder of the branding consultancy Redscout, told Bloomberglast year. He said that designs for master-bedroom suites were evolving for much the same reason: “They want their own changing rooms and bathrooms, even in a couple.” The article concluded that however “digitally nonchalant” Millennials might seem—an allusion, maybe, to sexting—“they’re prudish in person.”

Mind = blown. :exploding_head:

Who looks at people’s bottoms under the towel at the locker room to see whether they are wearing underwear or not? Creepiest guy ever.