More Oakland Press

People are all pissed because of 131 homes out of how many? It always amazes me what gets people riled up and how they get pissed on these causes and miss the big picture. I swear politicians and media focus on these causes to keep people from the real issues.

This case is political and outcome of the case is far-reaching, landlords like us have to be aware. ATM, homelsss targets corporate run land lording, we are safe for now. The emotional issue here is Wedgewood business model is to buy foreclosed property and flip them a few years later, in between, they are not so kind as to rent out the house. This is quite different from mom and pop landlord like us, we are eager to rent out our rental.

1 Like

That seems really capital intensive. I can see waiting until spring/early summer the following year but holding flip properties for years seem crazy.

1 Like

The press loves to picture landlords as faceless corporations. In reality 90% of landlords are small mom and pop operators.
That are being attacked from all sides. Insurance companies, banks, tenants, government all are out to squeeze out the small timers. Guess who wins? The big faceless corporations that everyone hates.

2 Likes

Judge just ruled that the women must leave the house. Not too surprising.

But the women are not planning to leave. The show is probably just beginning.

3 Likes

Should be entertaining to watch the Sheriff remove them. Great theater. The press will be giddy. Slimy bastards. My two investor partners were sabotaged by the SF Sheriff evicting an elderly black woman evicted for non payment of property tax. It was like Bonfire of the Vanities. The city bought the house in Bayview back from my buddies. They didn’t look good, waiting for the sheriff in their Porsche’s.

No more 7x7 :poop: :+1:

1 Like

The news was 6 months ago and is already outdated :wink:

True. I finally noticed the blue cross blue shield logo on a building today while driving on 880.

1000s of jobs from them and soon more 1000s from pg&e along with other start up jobs, it’s great to see more jobs being spread around the bay.

No particular view on downtown Oakland.

1 Like

It’s coming to a city near you:

1 Like
1 Like

Planners are deluded. Nobody will build rent controlled units.