Netflix BOMBED. Anyone buying?

Well I was only interested in getting more Tesla but its bottom happened much earlier :smile:

1 Like

Robin Hood calls the shot?

1 Like

Yours is principled investment, very selective golden hit like TSLA or AAPL or FB, no match.

I try to learn (every day), trying to master some ideas in practical way, making mistakes…etc. I was waiting for AMZN hit below $1400 and Google hit below $1000. I wrote my own program that hinted me September was high (post facto). Then, I revised , rewrote many versions, modified that during Xmas period, tested it on 12/24 and 12/26 which clearly indicated 200 day bottom of S&P500.

The last down time was a good lesson to deep dive on market, esp unpredictable turns.

Some of the stocks AMZN, GOOGL, STNE, TEVA are bought at very low price, never seeing it or touching them at all.

This reduced my trading work. Let me see how I make it in 2019.

2 Likes

Challenging wqj? Report on Jan 1 2020, your return for 2019 in % of your intended investment amount, please don’t adjust the base :grinning:

Only interested absolute amount comparison.

Your stock portfolio is about 5-7 times of Jil. Shouldn’t use absolute dollars.

1 Like

What are the numbers again?

1 Like

I can not challenge you and WQJ, as you are passive investors. Most likely, I will not change AMZN, GOOGL, TSLA. Rest are doubtful.

I am still active investing side, not passive (buy and hold), i.e. I try not to disturb the base, but not guaranteed :rofl:

With yield curve inversion, added to tariff+shutdown…etc, there are high potential we may face recession sometime no matter what Jerome Powell says - no recession!!.

The reason for my skeptical: I am still learning, real time testing my program logic on market. My programs lags only a day (post facto) behind high or low hit. My algorithm clearly said 9/20/2018 was 200 day high S&P500. I partially sold and bought it again (big mistake) prematurely. I should have waited for clear bottom.

Had I done like that, I would have gained $300k-$350k, but now I have less than half of the gains.

I may buy/sell when S&P 500 hits 50 day low and 50 day high and 100% guaranteed selling at 200 day high and buy at 200 day low.

If I am not doing it, I may miss the chance of getting the stocks at low price.

1 Like

You seem to know a lot. What about yours and manch’s?

Bird Box must be mentioned like 30 times.

1 Like

Streaming is a hard place to make money, even for Netflix. While the company consistently posts positive operating income, it has burned cash for years, raising new debt and spending the revenue it generates on new content. Netflix could spend well over $10 billion for movies and shows in 2019, according to some analyst estimates.

Have to give it to Hastings. Able to make money :slight_smile: Belong to the same category for TSLA, too hard to comprehend.

I used to feel that way about Netflix, but I feel I have a better handle on it now.

So is a buy at this level? Confident that Hastings can outmaneuver all the big wigs?

Matthew Ball’s writing helped me understand Netflix. They are long but well worth the time:

Just one conclusion out of many from these articles that blows my mind: a piece of content will bring in more revenue to Netflix than other streamers. Netflix has big audience and its very fine tuned tech can micro target any piece of content to maximize views. So Netflix can afford to spend more on content, thus the flywheel.

2 Likes

Thank you for the articles but you’re elusive about whether is a buy at this level?

Why ask a beggar for money?

Well it’s up to you. I will say this though. Between Netflix and Tesla I will definitely buy Netflix. :smile:

1 Like

Same as saying didn’t/ won’t buy any :slight_smile: Both are so difficult to comprehend :blush: Has 3 TSLAs and 6 NFLXs in DimSum portfolio. Better follow WB’s advice to invest in things you can understand :slight_smile:

:+1: Yup. Most definitely.