Netflix BOMBED. Anyone buying?

Missed the NFLX boat again, hmmm, need to do homework on allocation !

The company’s announcement of a price hike days before its earnings release also has Tepper concerned.

“The timing of that price hike strikes me as very, very odd. Rolling that out a few days before earnings has me wondering. It has me concerned that they might underwhelm us on subscriber growth,” he explained.

I forgot Walmart once looked into starting a video streaming service.

I thought you guys weren’t investing on stocks anymore? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Netflix sinking. :scream:

Up again. :scream:

:rofl:

49%20PM

Fixed it for manch. A picture is worth a thousand words.

1 Like

Will watch their earnings interview later in the afternoon. They are the only company I am aware of that puts up video feed.

80m watched Bird Box. Netflix now accounts for 10% of TV time. Very bullish.

Wasn’t it way under $300 couple weeks back? Who bought it back then?

I always say I’m a long term investor but I bought 1000 shares Tsla back in October now up $70k. Any stock traders here beat me to it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bird box wasnt such a good movie but Netflix did a good job marketing it.

1 Like

That’s even more bullish. Netflix can turn a mediocre movie into a social phenomenon. There are people doing the bird box challenge and hurt themselves.

Netflix is turning into the first truly global TV network in history. Americans are watching Indian shows and Indians watching European. It has humongous potential.

Any Cantonese shows?

NFLX was $233 (12/24) and $253 (12/26), missed the chance as I did not properly plan/allocate my amounts.

Between Dec 26th and now, I have more than 100k positive side. I did not do busy trading, but just bought stocks, Mutual funds on 12/26 and holding on to it. Very minor reallocation like reducing AAPL portion. The only benefit of down trend is re-allocating my portfolio into diversification, reduced risk of single stock.

In my watch list two stocks, NFLX and TDOC, jumped appx 50% from bottom (12/24) and most of the tech stocks jumped appx 10%-20% from bottom.

2 Likes

Your 100k positive side: was it your entire portfolio went up 100k in value or just the things you bought on 12/26 went up 100k in value?

Whatever I bought on 12/26 went up above 100k as of now. My loss on the gain (year 2018) was 165k, almost 100k+ is recovered since 12/26.

Last year S&P500 went down 19.76% between Sep to Dec 24th, but S&P500 recovered 12.29% between Dec 24th and today.

SPY:

Low=234.34 Current=263.14 Change =12.29%
High=277.6781 Current=263.14 Change =5.24%

QQQ:

Low=143.5 Current=163.32 Change =13.81%
High=171.8389 Current=163.32 Change =4.96%

2 Likes

Nice market timing!

Remember that you also told us around end of dec, we are almost done with bottom (10-15 days range). With in few days, it was bottom.

On 12/24, I have got around 25 alerts from Robinhood stock hit low.

Similarly, 12/26 I started getting reverse alerts stocks are going 5% up too many times. I checked my monitoring (confirmed 200 day low price hit 12/24), then started buying the stocks.

1 Like