New REAL ID Compliant CA Drivers License Has Fab 7x7 Embedded

Yeah, but some of us don’t fly internationally often enough to have a valid passport. :confused:

From what I heard from a woman who fought for this, it was to make it possible for illegals who are driving to get car insurance. She said this unfortunately, after someone hit-and-run her who she suspects has no insurance. She was super peeved.

Get global entry :slight_smile:

Already paid for TSA Pre. I think it cost more. Maybe next time.

Global entry valid for 5 years for 100$, tsa costs 85. Global entry comes with tsa-pre, gives a federal id, and in the case you do international travel (i do for work, sometimes) it pays off for itself at the border :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Chase Sapphire Reserve card is your friend. Gives you credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhh. I’ll have to remember that. Though I imagine there’s a fee for Reserve.

I wonder how she feels after waiting in line 4 hours to get a drivers license.

“From what I heard from a woman who fought for this, it was to make it possible for illegals who are driving to get car insurance. She said this unfortunately, after someone hit-and-run her who she suspects has no insurance. She was super peeved. “

Yes, the annual fee is $450 but you get an annual $300 travel credit and up to $100 credit every 4 years for Global Entry or TSA Pre. You also get the priority pass to access the airport lounge which is nice.

1 Like

Are airport lounges good in the US? I only heard about them in Asia.

The one that you can access at SFO (Air France) under the priority pass program is not good, but the HKG one is fantastic. They serve fish ball noodle soup there.

That’s what I think. The lounges in Asia are awesome. Some even have showers I think. The ones in US are crap.

Fire all state employees and replace with contractors paid on performance only. The rest of us work our asses off to support lay abouts . Disgusting

1 Like

This is why the line is so long…
3 hours nap, 1 hour lunch, half of day gone. good job.

1 Like

I can’t believe no one here is smart enough to make an appointment instead of waiting.

2 Likes

I think for example, if you lose your driver’s license/purchase new vehicale, and want to make an appointment online , next available one just today i checked daly city is oct 11. So for those will have to stand 8 hours .

1 Like

Exactly. I made an appointment beginning of June, my appointment time is Aug 9th. I couldn’t drive without a license for more than 2 months apparently.

Just got my AZ license and plates last week. No appointment. 20 minutes. No need for utility bills or anything else like that to show residence, just my AZ address. I needed to bring a passport though - my CA driver’s license wasn’t acceptable ID.