Next 10x Stock Winner

Ok, I need to think long and hard about this… :smile:

UBNT’s headquarter is in NYC? What respectable tech companies HQ in NYC?

Anyhow, here’s an interesting article on FANG:

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-08-03/fang-stocks-may-be-frothy-but-no-one-is-betting-on-it?curator=thereformedbroker&utm_source=thereformedbroker

But over the long term, a lack of skeptics could be bad. The dearth of short interest suggests an enthusiasm for the shares that could be quickly popped if things turn south. And the falling short interest is odd given that the FANG stocks have risen an average of 37 percent this year, potentially setting them up for a fall, or at least a slip. Amazon, after all, trades at nearly 93 times its expected earnings for this year. Netflix’s unending cash bonfire has burned through $2.1 billion in free cash flow in the past 12 months. The expectations for sales of Apple’s coming iPhone are stratospheric even though the price of one model may top $1,000. Any of these situations would seemingly make for a good short bet, if anyone was willing to make it.

Guess he can’t find cheap housing in San Jose :slight_smile: or his major clients are in NYC.

Apple is not the A in FANG. Why did Stephen hop to Bloomberg from Fortune?

FANG = FB, AMZN, NFLX, GOOG. P/E of these companies are 2x to 10x of AAPL which is lower than the average P/E of S&P.

1 Like

UBNT has it’s HQ in SJ. There’s not a lot of employees there though.

I think it’s time to replace Apple with amazon in fang. Amazon should be grouped together with Msft in “MA”.

Not according to their contact page

It’s right in the middle of Manhattan, close to the UN building.

Weird. They must have must moved it then. It used to be in N SJ right off 1st street.

Stock market prediction 2 years from now:

S&P: >3000
Nasdaq: >7500
Aapl: >200
Goog: >1250
Fb: >250
Bidu: >300
TSLA: >700
Yelp: >100

To help wuqijun evaluate UBNT,

Low cost disruptor of CSCO

Taking on corporate and consumer markets after entering the service provider and small business market.

Ubiquiti Networks (NASDAQ:UBNT) the network gear company that does things differently has many doubters, considering the high short ratio (33% of the float, which itself is reduced as CEO Robert Pera owns 70% of the outstanding shares or so).

Buying back shares

Product pipeline

I can’t imagine any good tech coming out of NYC… Sorry. I am a SV snob. Seattle? Sure. Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing? Hell yes.

NYC? C’mon…

The engineers aren’t in NYC.

1 Like

The engineers are not in NYC. NYC is a sale, marketing and media relations office.
Their engineers are in Broomfield, CO; Barrrington, IL; Austin, TX; Draper, UT; Orange, CA; LA, CA; and SJ, CA.

1 Like

So I listed my prediction for the stocks I currently own. If the prediction materializes, then I would be in good shape. There’s no need for me to be putting extra money to work elsewhere.

UBNT does look intriguing… I’ll keep an eye on it.

Prelim ranking of SEVEN UP, have not looked at MOMO, and OLED yet.
Small Cap (more than $2B, less than $10B)

1. UBNT - low cost disruption of CSCO
  2. VEEV - new challenger in the CRM, and ERP space
  3. IRBT - ride on the robotics trend
  4. DATA - ride on the big data trend
  5. SHOP - ride on e-commerce
  6. CRUS - ride on voice first revolution
  7. FSLR - ride on solar
1 Like

Jil,

How voice technology is transforming computing

How the voice first revolution is about to change the world

2 new technologies that could power Cirrus Logic higher Voice biometrics and active noise cancellation technology.

Do you think CRUS is worth investing for the next 5-7 years? May be NUAN? Or speech recognition and text2speech software companies?

Grabbed 50 shares as a beachhead.

Small Cap (more than $2B, less than $10B)
UBNT 100 shares
VEEV 75 shares
IRBT 25 shares
DATA 0 shares
SHOP 0 shares
CRUS 50 shares
FSLR 100 shares
MOMO 0 shares
OLED 0 shares

Need to research on CRUS, but preliminary scan company is good.

NUAN is old company with good quality API (at that time appx 200X), lost its visibility/growth when new voice recognition esp Android, Siri and Alexa came in. I do not think NUAN will grow further.

One more article for you to evaluate, The end of typing: The next billion mobile users will rely on video and voice I think this voice thingy is going mainstream soon, is still early enough to ride the wave, may be should identify 2-3 stocks to buy heavily into.

I think there’ are a few ways to play it. This will also significantly increase bandwidth requirements for networks to handle it. I could see UBNT benefiting, since they have the lowest costs solution for that.

1 Like

UBNT has small business and home related products and they have limited versions, but their quality is very good. Big players like Broadcam (previous Ruckus), Juniper and Cisco serves bigger systems, very reliable products. UBNT is small company compared to these Giants.

Voice and video would need AI hence NVDA definitely would benefit. I just want to be greedy :slight_smile: are there any small caps that could roar?