Next 10x Stock Winner

Yes, I agree tech is always attractive, but this one is a try. Before buying, I thought for a while.

It has 11.5% profit Margin, 3.3% qualified dividend, and making good progress this quarter Revenue and Profit, continue the same trend in future growth. But future growth is not satisfactory for wall street bringing down the stock 15% !

Going forward, we have year-end thanks giving sale time, economy is doing fine, sales continue to grow at normal pace. This stock is bound to make an upward turn in 3 to 6 months.

I see there is potential opportunity to buy this dividend paying stock at a cheaper price (like a home buying in 2008-2011) like Warren Buffet said “Be fearful when others are greedy, be greedy when others are fearful”

This is what I try to learn even though this sharp fall is scary. If I am successful in grabbing opportunities or making a failure, it educates me, refines my research further.

1 Like

Interesting look at the tech behind WDAY with their CTO.

Workday is indeed a cloud ERP company - just that it’s ERP does not yet have all the components of a traditional ERP. It’s niche in HRMS and developing Financials.

Salesforce is a cloud CRM company. It doesn’t have an ERP suite but there are other companies that are building small niche ERP plugins on its FORCE.com platform. E.g. Apptus for CPQ

Oracle offers both ERP and CRM but as separate solutions. Think back to Oracle’s acquisition of Peoplesoft (ERP) and Siebel (CRM) along with their own internal Oracle Apps ERP & CRM products.

1 Like

I still think it’s better to have an integrated solution of both ERP and CRM, instead of an alphabet soup of plugins. Enterprises want to deal with one big supplier instead of 10 small ones when things go wrong. You need to debug where in your system things go wrong, and many parts of the system may be barely standing up held together with duct tapes and bubblegum.

I simply stated the current state of ERP & CRM solutions. What you ask for is the typical debate between best-of-breed vs one-vendor monolith solution. Pros and cons to either approach. Cloud solutions propose to ‘break the wheel’ by supposedly taking away your concerns around maintenance of disparate systems but we are still at least a decade or two away from the evolution of software products on the cloud to the mundane yet stable state of pay-as-you-go utility.

@manch Your point is from the IT view, who cares about how complex IT is.

enterprise users want

1. Slick and nicer UI
  2. Tablet and mobility
  3. Faster innovation and new releases

CIOs want to add this to the resume

None of the big ERP houses do any of these.

3 Likes

Pendulum always swings between integration and modularization. The movement to the cloud is the big swing to the modularization side. I suspect we will see it swing back to the integration side again.

CIO’s look bad when their complex systems go down, most typically at the worst time.

[quote=“manch, post:309, topic:2789”]
I suspect we will see it swing back to the integration side again.
[/quote] I think it will take 15 years for this to happen. Big ERP investments that run around 20-30 million are hard to justify to change quickly

1 Like

[quote=“RealEstatebull, post:310, topic:2789”]
I think it will take 15 years for this to happen…
[/quote]Which company is likely to be the one who can do the integration or is cloudy at this stage?

Many best-of-breed companies are adding functionality towards the integrated model e.g. Workday… originally HRMS, adding Financial.

Mulesoft, Dell boomi are integration softwares that will be more and more used in integrating the disparate ERP systems. these stocks will do well

Some of its competitors From MuleSoft’s Crunchbase page:

Apigee
IBM
Jitterbit
Red Hat
Cyclr
Informatica
Oracle
Scribe
Snaplogic
WSO2
Tibco

1 Like

Interesting. What exactly does Mule do? It IPO’ed in March and stock has been flat.

It seems we have a few people with good knowledge of ERP and CRM. How big is this field? I want to learn more about it, like how are the pieces fit together and where it’s headed, what’s a good source?

It’s not as sexy as AI, AR/VR etc. But it seems like a pretty big field. Need to know a bit about it…

Big indeed. It is anticipated that the global enterprise software market will exceed US$ 500 Billion by 2022.

Cant think of a particular source.

Mule makes an ESB - enterprise service bus - in the cloud. They also make an API management platform.

1 Like

MULE is on the original list by marcus… need to read a little more on it… reading never end :relaxed:

1 Like

Orbis definition of enterprise software seems to be more than CRM and ERP. How come Adobe is in?
Ain’t we interested in cloud-based ones only? and its enabling infrastructure/ technology because is what existing companies are migrating to and new companies start from?

[quote=“manch, post:314, topic:2789”]
It’s not as sexy as AI, AR/VR etc.
[/quote]ERP and CRM is about information management, is about running a business. AI and AR/VR are about the underlying technology, more fun.

3D Sensing is sexy now.

Rumored Apple Inc Supplier Talks 3D Sensing

Lumentum: China woes; High Hopes for 3D Sensing

Apple’s ‘iPhone 8’ to feature rear-facing 3D laser for AR and faster autofocus

Did you write this article, breakdown between DJ, S&P and GE sends an ominous stock-market signal :zipper_mouth_face:

The current one, today fall, is just a volatility as stocks can go up and up always !

Updated ranking of Seven Up
Small cap ($2B to $10B) in tech industry
xxxx…hanera…Jil…Marcus…wuqijun…manch

1. UBNT…UBNT…UBNT…YELP…MOMO
  2. SHOP…SHOP…SHOP
  3. VEEV…TTD…VEEV
  4. IRBT…IRBT…TWLO
  5. SPLK…MOMO
  6. PANW…MASI
  7. NTNX…xxxx…NTNX

UBNT - IoT, networking, Wi-Fi, Enterprise >> Consumer
SHOP - e-commerce, platform
VEEV - cloud computing, CRM >> ERP
IRBT - AI, robotics, cleaning >> connected robots/ smart home
SPLK - big data, data analytics
PANW - IoT, networking, cybersecurity
NTNX - big data, HCI >> Private Enterprise Cloud Platform

IRBT founded in 1990, CEO Colin M. Angle.
SPLK founded in 2003, CEO Douglas Merritt.
SHOP founded in 2004, CEO Tobias Lutke.
PANW founded in 2005, CEO Mark D. McLaughlin.
UBNT founded in 2005, CEO Robert Pera.
TWLO founded in 2007, CEO Jeff Lawson.
VEEV founded in 2007, CEO Peter Gassner.
NTNX founded in 2009, CEO Dheeraj Pandey.

3 Likes