Next 10x Stock Winner

good article on the flows in the credit card process.
So what value does the credit card network provide ? Or in other words why does Visa have a 280 billion $ market cap? @marcus335

Do you regret asking everyone to talk about SQ ? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

To be honest, I don’t think they add much value. That’s why a low cost block chain solution could completely disrupt the credit card industry.

Front-end Apple pay, backend block chain, done. Which coin company should Apple acquire?

1 Like

Shit yo. Salesforce is acquiring them for 6b huge.

Great article on credit card payment process

1 Like

@wuqijun @tomato what’s up with you guys’ CEO?

he’s bs’ing :slight_smile:

Why ask me? He owes me money!

1 Like

SHOP and NTNX rock hard.
19%20AM

ABBV down 14%…Good dividend payer. Both VZ and T, again dividend payer at its lowest.

My new PICK is NYSE:RS , it is lowest today, I hope, and a dividend payer.

I have this feeling the stock market is going to crash tomorrow. Someone please reassure me!

I decided to sell 1/2 my holdings of one stock a few days ago. I sold the first chunk but for the second chunk I set the limit order very slightly too high and it didn’t go through. And now it’s down maybe 8 percent since then.

Should I sell that bit at the new price tomorrow? Am I needlessly panicking?

1 Like

I really do not know what will happen tomorrow. Here is someone asked similar question, read the answer

Jil,
See why it is still too early to BTFD.

1 Like

Of course it’s too early…I’m still waiting for the 5,000 point drop since last month…

2 Likes

True. No one really knows the bottom. No one really gets at bottom and sells at top.

Since I am comfortable jumping today, I do that.

Since I expected a fall (speculative), I sold all my stocks well ahead and holding cash.

On any case, I am not panicking, but trying to time the market (which I know wrong investment perspective).

Here is what someone did exactly like me.

BTFD = Think is still a bull market, just short-term decline.
If start of a bear market, BTFD is foolish, should short if you’re long-short trader, stay in cash if you’re a long only trader, or continue to do what you have been doing if you’re an investor.

3 Likes

Good advice here. I’m no longer panicking, so thank you all for commenting. I’m going to sell the amount I had already planned in the AM.

My intuition is telling me something is very wrong. I had a dream two years ago that we were in world war 3 with China. In the dream I felt a sense of doom that I have never felt before. It felt like a premonition. Luckily all my friends told me I was crazy and it would never happen, because we do too much trade with China. So now I’m reading all this news about trade wars it is worrying.

1 Like

They may exchange or add/remove/modify tariffs between two countries, but eventually settles down. Unless Yield curve is negative, we will not go down turn. At times, I am also pessimistic, but fluctuation may happen.

2 Likes

If WW3 kills everyone, your investment portfolio won’t matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes