Puru Saxena

End of Sep 4.53
Ytd loss = 40%
So start of year = 4.53/.4 = 7.55
End of Oct, Ytd loss = 70%, left with 2.265
CAGR = 14.4% almost the same as S&P
Index investing :+1: because zero effort

iirc his CAGR was at one time 40-50%. Only six years, already decline to 15%. As time passed, probably would be less than S&P.

If start of year, got $15M, has lost $10M.

Loosing it?

Good :+1: not easy to find. Most current SAAS stocks are scammers’ stocks because of excessive SBC. Essentially is a scheme that transfer $ from investors to founders. JPow has destroyed the scam.

AAPL AMZN MSFT NVDA that have survived the dotcom era are doing well, even if you have bought them years ago. Track record :slight_smile: They have went through a boom and bust cycle, and are not companies that existed less than five years.

Now then you realize? Many feel is not the same because blah blah blah… a bubble is a bubble regardless of how it gets there. It will be like 2000 Dotcom bust, only a few survive and prosper. Which are those? Some IPO/ SPAC after this bust are good too… after Dotcom bust, have GOOG FB TSLA.

Even experienced professionals went through in denial, panic, capitulation and anger phase. Average investors should just do effortless DCA S&P approach… nearly impossible to beat for a time frame of 20+ years.

1 Like

Puru is not even using Bloomberg terminal or its less expensive cousin Ychart. Keep posting questionable “facts” like so and so never happens under such and suck conditions. The guy is just bad.

I don’t get why people keep worshiping these so-called professionals. They get rich off clients money. As a class they underperform market. From Puru’s writing I get the impression he doesn’t understand anything about the tech he’s putting money into, and often gets emotional in his trades.

:-1:

1 Like

Have similar impression.

His opinions are most likely opinions of many hedge funds, so following his tweets would give you an idea what many hedge funds are thinking. I know, I know, … many don’t know what they are investing in. Still a necessary evil to get as input. Input :slight_smile: not follow :slight_smile: hope you can tell the difference.

During bullish times, it is no brainer that they can choose any stock and market takes it to sky high. Then Hedge Fund managers claims they did great job !

This is what happening to Cathie, Puru and Tom and any other HF managers who is not really doing proper research!

Many Hedge Funds managers struggle during bearish turn and Puru is also one among them.

Only few exceptional HF managers, like Bill Ackman or Carl Icahn, do proper research.

This is what warren buffet told and he bet HF cannot win over S&P!

1 Like

Quite shocking many hedge funds are not doing proper DD. Shocking what type of people invested in FTX. Even Temasek invested… wtf. 5% of FTX account holders are Singaporeans.

But Carl sold AAPL cheap to WB :slight_smile: Not literally :slight_smile:

Mrs Lee invested US$ 205M into FTX. That’s $40 for every citizen of Singapore.

1 Like

Just read “Margin of safety”, you will know why HF fails. Margin of safety Gives => The managers spend most of the time on marketing and looking to earn commission than focusing on fund growth.

Naturally, most of them will fail in performance. Only exceptional people make success, but they are tight-lipped, no word until they implement their decisions.

Two points, AUM and personality. Carl Icahn has 21B-24B while WB is 25 time bigger, not easy to swing as the AUM is high. This is like turning a car and 32 feet double truck.

Personality: Carl Icahn may like to grow fast, swing as many as times possible with % CAGR from each company. He may feel keeping cash is waste and may leverage too. He is active.

I remember he sold AAPL and OXY early, then buffet picked both.

WB may like stability (Margin of safety) and growth at the same time, need deep research before decision and hold for long. He may wait for his time, hold lot of cash, look for dividend stocks as he holds longer time and also very passive.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Why do you think your mantra still true for front loaded rate hike?

Front loaded rate hike => No gimmick => actually implies => We - the FED - did not raise rate at appropriate time, now we are late, but we can not openly say we are late,after seeing inflation is out of control, raising them as front loaded !

Mistake upon mistake?

Assumption is stock market would decline. What if stock market goes into a roaring 20s bull market upon recession is confirmed by federal agencies?

Correct, it is trying to cheat every novice! My long term is bearish (15-45 days).

Puru is saying this is a sucker’s rally.

Did he go from depression to disbelief?

Yes, market won’t go bullish, this will drop 2-3 days and then go up again above pre high. This means it is going sideways killing all Long put holders. This may happen for a long term (10-30 days) and suddenly go back to bearish mode.

Buy and holders May gain some but not great level. All put holders lose money until this rally is extended.

However, this is not bullish trend !

Best: Cash is the king!

Puru is so eager to bash AAPL. He wants to be able to say I told you so.

Puru turning bullish. TSLA is in the buy list.