Puru Saxena

Miss following you on Reddit. Very informative and nice enough to give people insight but they would rather argue than listen and make their own decision.

This is the main reason I’ve lurked this forum. Tons of knowledge about topics I’ve recently been getting into… (stocks,real estate,world disasters, etc.) And with not knowing a damn thing about economics or real estate it’s nice to get some advice on books to read, articles, or the good old fashion life experiences from the veterans

I’ve always questioned why they don’t teach you how to succeed financially in high school? :man_shrugging:t2:
(One answer could be, " you have to pay for that." (degree))

THANK YOU all who contribute to this forum!

3 Likes

Didn’t invest during Dotcom bust because too young?

During Dotcom bust, many stocks decline by 90%, some by 99% and some no longer around.

This is a SAAS/ Cloud bust. Price behavior of AMZN, I view it as an index to cloud stocks because of AWS, tells the story.

Puru is scared! Go into cash, then.

Fed warns sharp rise in interest rates poses risk to US economy

Does above mean Fed is chickening too? Hinting at pausing rate hikes in the next Fed meeting?

Only if we know what are quality tech stocks. So far Cathie and Puru picks are not that great.

You should read the comments about Cathie in this thread. They are hilarious.

YTD of Puru of -35% is worse than AAPL -16% and S&P -13%.

CAGR of 33% since Sep 2016 is about the same of AAPL since return of late SJ 1997.

路遥知马力

Puru learned the wrong lesson. Buy n hold worked perfectly, with stocks like AAPL. His portfolio is full of speculative high growth stocks. Holding these stocks can be disastrous. QS LILM stand out as unproven tech and unproven companies.

AFRM TOST CFLT MNDY are recent IPO/ SPAC. Not proven. I prefer TWLO OKTA SHOP.

Pros and institutions continue to dump while retail investors (some via ARK funds) are still BTFD. More pain? Many don’t expect like dotcom bust, however, it feels like dotcom bust to me. So far 80+% for some stocks, during dotcom bust many to 99% and bankruptcy… coming soon? Starting with hiring freeze then layoff then bankruptcy.

Market dropped, he congratulated himself. Have it rallied, he would keep quiet.

If don’t want to make timely comment, should remain quiet.

1 Like

This seems like another leg down on the back of the inflation report from May.
Have you sold any of your positions @hanera ?

No.

:gem: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

My philosophy in asset allocation.

1 Like

After losing tons of money in May, Puru became extremely bearish, capitulating!

Influencers are agreeing that bottom is near, S&P 3000-3200,

Puru

Mark

Many people support free speech so long they are not criticizing them or say something they don’t want to hear or agree with.

Performance matters, rest is noise. Despite shrewd switching between stocks and cash, and sophisticated hedging, ytd return is less than passive S&P and AAPL, though higher than NASDAQ. Shortly after five years, we see “the strength of a horse”, 路遥知马力, the performance of an investing approach/ strategy.

Puru is rebuilding his portfolio… betting that market has bottomed.

You need to keep changing because you are into growth stocks, many of which are unproven. There is no need to do anything if you’re into S&P and blue chips like AAPL MSFT AMZN.

Cautiously agree with you.