Push For Universal Basic Income?

Who me? How so?

I want to be lazy, how come you also want to be lazy?

Because thatā€™s human nature. People only work hard if they want to beat their neighbors.

Hold on, you are still going to the gym right?

Thereā€™s research that shows working can make people happier and increase their sense of purpose. We also have data that shows kids raised by parents on welfare are far more likely to end up on welfare themselves. Thatā€™s true even if you neutralize for income.

Thatā€™s because of the genes they inherited from their parents.

1 Like

Yes, I go there to sit in the sauna or spa. :smile:

Combine genes and environment and the kids have no chance.

One of my friends was a school counselor at a SJ school for internship hours in a masters of psychology program. HS girls would get pregnant then show up in her office asking how they signup for free stuff. It was a way of life for them. The idea of working or going to college after HS wasnā€™t even a thought for them. The path was to get pregnant then the government will take care of you.

2 Likes

Why not. In evolution, you can go the quality route or quantity route. Quality, raise a couple kids and turn them into rocket scientists. Quantity, have as many babies as possible and let others take care of them for you, or just let whatever happens happens.

That works until the high producers paying all the taxes leave. Imagine how much bigger and better China and Indiaā€™s economies would be with all the talent thatā€™s left for the US. What if top US talent starts to leave? That might be unimaginable now, but I think itā€™d be arrogant to think it can never happen. Talent goes where it can be the most rewarded.

1 Like

I donā€™t think brain drain will have significant impact on China nor India. Likewise, America did not become a superpower because of talent migration from those countries.

1 Like

Look at Silicon Valley. Over 50% of tech employees were born outside the US. Thereā€™s no way all those companies would be as big and successful as they are today without foreign talent. Imagine if all those people stayed in India or China to make those companies better.

Can we set up a place in Alum Rock for these women? Single males who donā€™t want commitment but just want to pass on their genes can visit the place to do their performance. Of course, need QC to ensure no undesirable qualities are passed on. The children will be taking care by professionals and raise to be responsible adults. Who knows. May catch on as the societal way to manage children and free adults to pursue their dreams.

Singapore government knew that. Youā€™re welcome to Singapore :slight_smile: No capital gain tax. No inheritance tax. No estate duty. Low property tax. Low income tax, max 22%. Plenty of affordable stay-in maids of all nationalities, can have as many maids as you want to take care of whatever needs you have.

1 Like

Europeans have similar IQ to CHinese and upper caste Indians. If those people are not available then America can import people from Eastern Europe.

Also, brain drain is not a problem for a population as big a size as chIndia.

The critical factors affecting the progress of chindia are the lack of QC and the rules to ensure fair playing ground.

Those are also just symptoms and not the root cause of anything.

What is the root cause?

Intelligence and capitalism.

Capitalism - China is very capitalistic now.
Intelligence - More like rewarding the wrong kind of intelligence. This seems to be changing too. Xi got the right idea and is going to prove it hopefully before he dies.

1 Like