Real Estate in Secular Uptrend

Nothing to learn :thinking: Learn more when teaching? Socializing?

Anyhoo, I find reading about new tech and growth companies tell you much about what is currently going on and what to expect in the future. Investing in indices is profitable but miss out the spice of life. So even though I invested in indices, I want to dabble with growth stocks.

Come back to tell me when it’s time I should buy TQQQ

2 Likes

No sir, lot of work, focus on myself than blogging. No teaching, no socializing. Lot of ideas, data analysis work I do, no time for it.

It is up to members to do research and slowly DCA.

I do not want to tell anything as it may mislead others, one day market goes up and another day it comes down.

To put things in context, the reason why @Jil is thinking of reducing RE while I am still increasing exposure to RE is because we have different asset allocation ATM. The fast appreciation of AAPL reduces my RE allocation percentage so I need to buy more RE to increase the allocation percentage i.e. portfolio rebalancing :slight_smile:

I am HODLing a small amount of TQQQ and crypto (together ~ 5% of overall portfolio). They are in bear market for me - I.e., more than 20% loss. But I will just continue to hold till at least 2030…

1 Like

What’s happening in 2030?

RE :+1:

The 7.9% is annualized, not the current picture.
And interestingly there’s no mention of gold which is up 16% in the last year.

Ytd 11%

This a RE forum. The number one investment in inflationary times.

This is for the stock pickers here. Should have bought the Scarface Mansion instead.

Housing inventory crisis continues in 2022

Only housing demand weakness can create balance

1 Like

No housing demand weakness.

Millennials are in the midst of family formation.

People realize they need bigger houses, preferably with more bathrooms and a SOHO.

Don’t invest in Denver. How can owners not inform of foreclosure on them?

If you can’t afford HOA, shouldn’t stay in place with HOA.

“They were issuing a lot of fines for anything… the grass, leaving the trash can out, a lot of fines, $50 or $100. They went all the way up to $8,000. The last time I checked, it was $10,000 in fines,” Villela said."

A have a friend in Mountain View who has a condo in an HOA; he inherited it. A sister lives there. She racked up a few hundred in fines for nonsense violations. The guy’s an old curmudgeon and just doesn’t cave over stuff like that. Instead of just paying the few hundred in fines he spent $10,000 on a lawyer is now suing the HOA for harassment. The lawyer just submitted a demand letter for 50k plus legal fees. The HOA is threatening to foreclose on the condo.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like