Redfin bombed. Anyone buying?

Two well of person laughing each others statements :stuck_out_tongue: ok i walk aside, let you guys argue.

Stocks are nice but elt1 is talking for average person. Average person is too trigger happy. You made the same argument, forced saving combined with tax benefits and cheap loans make it a solid saving vehicle for people. I am sure for every successful stock investor there are 4x who lost on it.

I like stocks, dont get me wrong, but i also see semi active investing aspect of housing, and it sounds a very good supplement - value add, tax benefits etc.

Sp500 index might be comparable to re. Your handpick may be comparable to his active investment/income.

I am precise. I refer to owning primary house for forced saving. Rental is passive income. He made a broad sweep. Btw, I donā€™t hold him as high regard as you or other in RE investment. I feel he knows little or mainly from the past. He lost money flipping houses in Cupertino, and made the fatal mistake of selling in SV and buy tahoe. I dislike people talking about a subject which they donā€™t really know.

I appreciate his entrepreneurial aspect. I dont really thinj there is one size fits all, maximize all the gains in investing. It is not possible. He is an input to my investing training. Similar to how You are for stocks, wuqijun for tesla fanware :slight_smile:

You are changing tune. Exactly, there is no one correct way but he talks like there is only one way, his way. He likes to talk down which is annoying.

I said it is ok for people to tell what worked for yhem the best.

Similar to yours, some entrepreneur can come and claim startups are the best use of ones time

It is ok :slight_smile: no one is betting their farm on an idea here. Except manch and i, we will bet the farm on fb.

What you said is very reasonable. But that is not how he said things.

@manch claimed he will, but he will not. You already bet your farm on something else.

I can bet another farm then :slight_smile:

If thereā€™s another farm to bet on, then itā€™s not betting the farmā€¦ :smile:

I have various houses, eric schmidth once said.

Correction, I lost money loaning hard money to a builder in Cupertino. RE is my business. I look at differently than just as an investor. Most people on here enjoy my advice. But none have to take it. The advantage I have is that I have been involved in every aspect of the building and property business. That gives me inside info that no stock picker enjoys.

2 Likes

He probably gets a lot of off market houses that wants to sell fast, to give a simple example.

Being good at something pays off. Hanera moght be better with stocks.

One thing elt1 probably enjoys (guess on my side) is connections, something i inferred from your posts. For the right person that might be worth millions, and it is not something you can get from stocks, unless your holdings are significant :slight_smile:

No need to worry about burning bridges with stock investing. Itā€™s good for antisocial people. Rental investment is more or less the same way, although itā€™s good to have a good contractor you can always go to.

Back to redfin. It seems noone is buying?

Hidden message :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I think manch just want opinions, not really want to buy nor expecting you guys to buy.

Umā€¦ letā€™s face it. None of us here are very good at networking. Thatā€™s why we make our money the way we did :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not saying youā€™re wrong :joy:

1 Like

Most antisocial among us is manch. He didnt even bother to come to the meet up :slight_smile:

He actually is not. He just got fed up with the quality of people he sees here and didnā€™t bother :rofl:

Ah. Maybe he didnt know i was there too, in addition to you guys :stuck_out_tongue:
Nah i think it was because there wasnt any chinese food.