Redfin bombed. Anyone buying?

I think he knew you were coming… :smile:

Nah it is fine. He is just lazy, he was still sleeping :slight_smile:

I should reduce my time on this forum. This particular topic is 99% useless stuff(someone take note).

I saw what you just deleted! :rofl:

Me too.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Back to Redfin. From what I could easily digest in this thread:

• Bookings of listings are down.
  • Traffic from buyers is down.

I don’t think anyone is eating their lunch from a listings perspective. They did a lot of marketing in the bay area to get word out that they offer 1% and 2% commission on the sell side. All I need to know is if I can buy PA at a 20% discount along with Tomato.

At high price levels, sure :slight_smile: At lower levels, there are still some buyers :slight_smile:

Not consistent with previous comments:

in response to:

The story keeps changing?

As someone that works in the field - 5G is overhyped. Yes it promises lots of last mile bandwidth but unless the network transport is upgraded which is another very expensive upgrade, your actual performance is not going to be much more different then today as the transport network is going to get choked.

Think of 5G as the on ramp to the freeway. We are widening the on ramp. But if the freeway is congested and not upgraded, nothing really changes

5 Likes

Many times I stated similar, but forum people did not like it ! But this is the truth, location, location and location.

It is mainly buyers preference, near by company growth, hiring and cash rich society. Unless you see these diminishing, there is no way to go down. They just maintain growth in same level as inflation or slightly above inflation rate.

Those who buy Cupertino, Mountain View and Sunnyvale, look at their financial strength, they are extremely good, never file bankruptcy and never sell home (to take 500k benefit) and buy another rather they hold those homes and buy new ones. The demand will be high, inventory be low. The same situation continues to go.

Same performance, i.e 8% or 9%, we can not foresee, but will be better than Oakland or Boston ! Simple reason is this has become wealthy region, in view of many tech stocks including FANG+NVDA+others…etc.

1 Like

Agree. One of the reason I chose to buy in Santa Clara neighborhood that borders with Sunnyvale and Cupertino. All we need to do is just wait and see if it works.

2 Likes

Buy the fringe :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always buy fringes. Antioch is the best fringe city of Bay Area :slight_smile:

Not sure whether this is the correct definition but I am also buying in the fringe as in Antioch wrt SF & SV. I didn’t buy in Austin downtown or nearby hot neighborhoods.

Don’t run before you walk.

How’s the first house coming along? :slight_smile:

Did you notice fiber connection are given by AT & T, Comcast and Google (some time previously) that gives 1 GBPS. The network sector is also upgraded last few years. Wireless and Satellite services are getting high visibility. I stopped hearing FM channel as SXM channels services and the quality are no match.

Since you joined in Nov, 2017…

Posted in Aug 2016.

Losing money in stocks is fine too, no? I don’t get what you are saying. Of course he lost big money in 2008 - he’s builder, and he might have had inventory that he couldn’t sell for long, and even sold for a loss.

Not sure what your point is. Either way, I wish i had a lot of money to do a bit of what every one of you were doing :stuck_out_tongue:

But you have big money to buy a 4M house in Los Altos which none of us is doing, AFAIK.