San Francisco: City of World Class Filth

Tahoe probably has homeless shelters for them. I don’t think they’re able to survive out there in the bitter cold.

I think that’s what elt1 meant by “the liberal machine”

Well, if they’re in the shelters, then there wouldn’t be feces out there on the street, right? :wink:

Right–that’s where this problem started. SF shut down the shelters.

But in tahoe, who’d really notice where you took a dump? Nature’s call in nature is more natural.

They shut it down because will not solve the problem. Too many monks too little porridge. Homeless keeps coming…

We call tnem campers…many do survive in sub zero weather…our homeless are much tougher than the SF version…

1 Like

I thought they shut it down to save money. And ended up with a pile of sh*t on the ground instead of the loo. Homeless shelters do solve problems…with where feces are dumped.

1 Like

Will not completely solve the problem because there will never be enough shelter to host all the homeless. Those who can’t get into a shelter will still be shitting everywhere…

Um… maybe tahoe isn’t cold enough… :smile:

I’m not convinced, but even if it’s true, that’s fine. I think on-street porta-potties would be useful to the whole population.

But doing neither is unacceptable.

Yes, it’ll be fine. SF’s homeless problem has been one for decades. It did not prevent SF home prices from reaching breath-taking highs… :wink:

No problem. If you get wiped out in the upcoming SF epidemic, I will not cry for you.

1 Like

No worries… the earthquake will come before the epidemic. You are not immune from that in RWC :wink:

I think you misunderstand neoliberalism. You should be a fan:

Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism[1] refers primarily to the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism.[2]:7 Those ideas include economic liberalization policies such as privatization, austerity, deregulation, free trade[3] and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society.[11] These market-based ideas and the policies they inspired constitute a paradigm shift away from the post-war Keynesian consensus which lasted from 1945 to 1980.[12][13]

Anyway I think you meant the ultra left. Anything taken to an extreme is bad, left or right. The best way to combat the ultra leftism is to do what Singapore does: let everyone become property owner. If SF is majority owner instead of majority renter you will have vastly different politics.

Perfectionism has become a hidden epidemic among young people

We recently published a study in the Psychological Bulletin, which shows that levels of perfectionism have risen significantly among young people since 1989.

One possible reason for this is that across the US, Canada and the UK, today’s young people are the first generation to grow up in a society based on the principles of neoliberalism championed by the leaders of the late 20th century – Ronald Reagan, Brian Mulroney and Margaret Thatcher respectively.

1 Like

See, there is an answer to making your home impervious to human feces and the occasional needle…

1 Like

Looks really cool. Potrero Hill is totally gentrified. You won’t see mich homelessness up there. Even dogpatch is pretty clean nowadays.

Come conservatives…come on!

Blame your comrade Reagan! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face: