San Francisco Is The Place To Be

Not surprising with all the exodus. It will get darker before it gets better. I’m watching the news this morning while running on my treadmill and I see the various bridges to the city jammed packed still. The city is not going to go away anytime soon for people’s livelihoods or for entertainment/recreation. Yes, it probably will need to reinvent itself with the downtown. Maybe convert some of the office and retail to housing.

Ok, so back to Square 1, SF leaders!!! We need to clean up the tourist areas of the homeless and have more police (somehow) out there in plain view. Tourism is huge for us and we need to change the narrative about how unsafe SF is. Chop chop!!!

2 Likes

That busts the narrative that people leaving is fine, since the people moving in are higher income.

PR/Narrative can only work for some time. Eventually the effects of truth shows up so badly that nothing can be done to reverse it any more.

I wouldn’t necessarily blame the politicians, the voters are responsible.

1 Like

Sailing in San Francisco Bay is very special. . Sick of traffic the homeless commute driving to a second home? Just hop on your sailboat and you immediately leave all that behind. Sailing on the bay was a life long passion for me. Now I enjoy sailing in Tahoe. 6 months a year. You don’t have to deal with beach traffic., crowds. As soon as you leave the dock you a transformed into a fantasy world. Totally different experience from powerboats. It’s a lifestyle

Yup, I totally agree with you about just being on the water. For me, it was a jet ski tour (ended up being with a private guide since I guess it was kinda expensive) where we jet skied to about a half a dozen islands off Langkawi in Malaysia. That was one of the most memorable things I have ever done. Out on the open sea and just full throttling my jet ski to try to keep up with the young guide. If not for the life jacket, had I fallen off my jet ski, probably would have drowned in a matter minutes.

Definitely need to graduate to boating/sailing when I am over there…

it’s amazing. It seems the decline of SF is accelerating.

Retail, definitely. Residential housing? Not so fast…

From what I observe in Austin MSA and learn from social media…
Entry level housing has been selling well.
Move-up housing has gathered momentum.
Luxury housing is showing some life.
Me, always not sure, is this a DCB like 2010 or a resumption of happy days.

Just in case you don’t know the definition… neighborhoods/ zip code specific…
Entry level = Below 0.75 of median price
Move-up = 0.75 to 1.5 of median price
Luxury = Above 1.5 median price

Detroit is one of the most affordable cities in America. Is anyone going to argue that’s a positive for it?

Pack your bags, people, and travel!!!

Yeah, San Jose should do the same. It would be called, Office Park to Office Park…

San Jose has races for charity not so people can dress up like clowns

Please, your pathetic city’s “pro” hockey team should be renamed the San Jose Toothless Sharks.