Secular inflation is here

Really? Over 50% of food grown ends up in a landfill. I’m skeptical that there will be widespread shortages. There might be shortages of specific items, but it won’t be widespread across all items.

Hope so.

Inflation doesn’t apply to how much people are paying in taxes.

1 Like

Inflation x zero = zero

1 Like

The average sticker price on a non-luxury car in the U.S. is now $41,500, according to Kelley Blue Book, an auto price researcher. Two years ago, it was almost $37,800. That’s a 9.8% increase – even before all the new dealer markups kick in.

Blame @caiguycaiguy One person own six cars.

3 Likes

LOL

I’m down to 3 now with 1 being broken. I need to find an engine for that 1. Now just 1 small SUV and a work truck.

@Roy321 has a spare car. He should sell it and help the market out. :rofl:

1 Like

Good news for my friend moving from CA to AZ. He needs to build a 1500 ft structure on the property he bought a few months ago to house his reticulated pythons. He has an unusable 1200 sq ft structure he needs to tear down first because local codes limited the total square footage of outbuilding. He will try to salvage as much serviceable material as possible.

1 Like

But did they even tell us what is happening in the underwear index?!

Have people stopped buying underwear?

1 Like

i think men’s underwear sales have slowed, so lots more people living with “holey” underwear I suppose? :scream:

2 Likes

Do you need to wear underwear at home? Ain’t most are WFH?

Can wear a sarong if you want.

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.11.59 AM

3 Likes

Federal spending is projected to decline by $1.2T yr/yr. That’ll suck a lot of wind out of inflation. It’s roughly 5.6% of GDP.

2 Likes

A few days ago I was in a Safeway. A rather rotund gentleman was wearing a T-shirt with a pig silhouette on the back and the inscription “Bacon is my Spirit Animal.” :slight_smile: