Secular inflation is here

1 Like

Just checked to go menu on a viet restaurant in san bruno, last year (nov) was 12.95 a noodle, today is 16.95, 4 buck increase in a few months. I wonder how those ppl go from paycheck to paycheck can counter these ridiculous inflation these days

1 Like

Yeah, it can’t possibly be record level federal spending and record level fed balance sheet.

1 Like
1 Like

Puru and many commentators think inflation has peaked. Going down from here :+1:

I don’t buy the sharp deceleration.

2 Likes

Oh, and it has nothing to do with Biden continuing to defer student loan payments and giving people that extra money to spend every month. That’s injection how much a month into the economy?

1 Like

And then there is ‘Build Back Better’, if Manchin and Sinema were’nt around would have passed by now.

2 Likes

I read it doesn’t make it worse?

Economics unlike physics/chemistry can have different outcomes. So, it’s the viewpoint of one Economist IMO. There are others with opposite views. For e.g. all the Economists at the Federal Reserve thought inflation was transitory till a few months back, and now increasing rates to counter inflation.

2 Likes

Economists are typically people who spend their whole life in academia and/or government. They have zero idea how the business world and consumers actually operate.

Economist = paper MCSE

Lol. That might be one of the dumbest things I’ve seen. Let’s just ignore the record fed balance sheet, record budget deficit, helicopter money policies, multi-decaf which inflation and pretend Biden is doing a good job. Are people really naive and dumb enough to believe that crap?

3 Likes

Had my car serviced yesterday. What an education. No more prices on cars; just scan codes since the prices change by the hour. Candy machines with $2-3 offerings which take credit cards.

Yeah, but minimum wage is effectively $15/hr so poverty is gone, and everyone is prospering. Right? Lol…

1 Like