Secular inflation is here

…energy independence, unemployment at a 50 year low and the lowest in history for minorities, a half way secure border, trade deals where the USA didn’t get the feces covered end of the stick, “allies” that had to pony up some of their own money for their own protection,
respect for civil liberties, respect for personal choice, a military focused on protecting the country instead of being woke…
Hard to believe any administration could turn the place into such a dumpster fire in less than two years. We now have child tax credits so high dropping out of high school and making babies pays better than a college degree that’s not a STEM degree.

2 Likes
2 Likes
  1. Railroads

the Biden Administration has picked a series of scapegoats to deflect responsibility. Its latest target is railroads, and its regulatory salvo could scramble logistics while doing little to ease prices.

4 Likes

Here’s a rare anti-inflationary trend with many other benefits - even reducing illegal immigration and replacing it with solid middle class jobs for Americans. Any good investment opportunities?

The union movement is going to lock-in the inflation from higher wages. It’ll also reduce flexility to respond to economic changes. We’re going to see accelerated adoption of automation on the restaurant and retail sectors. People only think about the union in the short-term. Japan has some of the best labor protections in the world. How has it helped them?

6. Corporate taxes

https://twitter.com/JeffBezos/status/1525309091970699265?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

2 Likes
1 Like

Price in Costco seems to have gone up from $48 to $52 in 2/3 weeks.

Saving America :us:

Buy guns bullets and booze.

1 Like

:gun: :tumbler_glass: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some inflation specials for you @Elt1 . I know you like your ground beef cheap.

Look at those Brentwood corn for only 15 cents each!

Safeway

Housing, Child Care, Utilities—Nashville Faces Exceptional Inflation Hit From All Sides

Influx of new residents causes housing prices to soar, pushing out some longtime inhabitants; ‘It’s just too expensive’

https://archive.ph/I1cRY

1 Like

$500M over a quarter works out to about $1.62 per person in the US. I’m glad they’ve identified the inflation issue and how to solve it. That $1.62 quarter is going to be a game changer for people. I guess now we’ll see inflation under 2% again.

1 Like

Definitely got the corn. too late for the beef. I have a big freezer in the garage…… inflation fighter

Time to suspend the gas tax. I buy gas in Carson City for $1less than Tahoe

New York Suspends the Gas Tax for Six Months as Pump Prices Soar

• State will temporarily lift the 16-cents-a-gallon fuel tax

• Tight supplies, strong demand signal further pump price gains

Gas prices have ticked down a bit here in AZ. I made a run to Prescott yesterday and lots of stations were $4.40-something.
On the other hand I also did a major shopping run - Senior day, first Wednesday of every month so a 10% discount :slight_smile: - and shortages are definitely getting worse and not better. Lots of bare shelves and lots of people having to substitute more expensive items for cheaper ones that are out of stock.

Back to Zoom wedding for me…
:sob:

Inflation Hits Postponed Weddings, Costing Guests as Much as $20,000

Attendees at long-delayed events are making tough choices as prices surge for everything from airfare to gifts.

1 Like