Secular inflation is here

When you exclude food/energy, that means the inflation number they gave is BULLSHIT

Some good sources to track inflation trends:

Personal Income and Outlays, May 2022

Personal income increased $113.4 billion (0.5 percent) in May, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis (tables 3 and 5). Disposable personal income (DPI) increased $96.5 billion (0.5 percent) and personal consumption expenditures (PCE) increased $32.7 billion (0.2 percent).

Real DPI decreased 0.1 percent in May and Real PCE decreased 0.4 percent; goods decreased 1.6 percent and services increased 0.3 percent (tables 5 and 7). The PCE price index increased 0.6 percent. Excluding food and energy, the PCE price index increased 0.3 percent (table 9).

https://www.bea.gov/news/schedule/full

Only things of interest is month over month, year over year, and historical trend.

Cheap corn :corn: to save your Independence Day bbq.

This is the kind of politics you see in countries whose populations do not understand how rich countries economies became successful.

4 Likes

I see it as inflation means demand > supply. What do they think an extra $1,050 of demand will do?

2 Likes

Buy crypto?

1 Like

Now, they send checks for Tier one covers 14.2 million taxpayers who make up to $75,000 as single filers or $150,000 jointly, and gives $350 to each individual, plus another $350 if the person has at least one dependent. A couple in this income bracket with a dependent would get the maximum $1,050.

When economy sinks, once FED completes the inflation check task, state is going to add more tax on high income earners telling that they need to pay “FAIR SHARE!”

This is true politics ! Fun with governments & Vote banks !!

3 Likes

Leave now.

Had lunch at Panera today. Nothing fancy but it was

Half Caesar salad,
Cup of chicken noodle soup,
Half turkey sandwich,
Margarita flatbread/pizza,
and 2 pieces of bread

$20.14 with tax included (10.75% :cry: ) and it was enough to feed 2 people. Yes we didn’t get drinks but spared me the calories!

I had a coupon from the junk mail for 25% off and then I paid with a gift card that I got at 20% discount to face value. I still have a half of the flatbread and the whole salad left for lunch tomorrow.

Deals can be had if people care enough to look, even in these inflationary times!

1 Like

How did you get a discount on the gift card?

From Panera.

But I see it on Safeway app from time to time where you buy $50 in gift card and get $10 coupon off for next shopping trip. And I want to say I see it at Costco but it might be California pizza kitchen. Can’t remember right now.

Chase credit cards often have 10% cash back on Panera.

Even if you have money, please don’t pay full retail price for chains… if it’s not too inconvenient.

New Target deal:

1 Like

“Micron CEO Sanjay Mehrotra said on an earnings call with analysts that he expected smartphone unit volume to decline by around 5% versus last year. Analysts were expecting growth around 5%, Micron said. The company also warned that it believed that PC sales could decline 10% versus last year and that it was making changes to its production growth to match weaker demand.”

There are some very specific shortages, but they keep repeating the same narrative from the beginning of covid. The shortages narrative doesn’t align with record inventory levels.

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes