Secular inflation is here

2 Likes

Done. National average is now $3.99:

Come to Austin for below $3 :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Jeremy is a value investor. Current millennial investors are high growth investors, high growth stocks went down from excessively overvalued to moderately overvalued, never at fair value and definitely no undervalued by 30%. Baby boomer investors tend to buy when stocks are undervalued to fair value, AAPL is one of those for many years, recently, trading from fair value to slightly above fair.

1 Like

Millennials seem to like stocks and crypto that have no value at all. The less value the more popular… bizarre. GameStop and AMC are making comebacks. Along with crypto, pot stocks and cruise ships. A whole generation that believes in the Easter Bunny, dinosaurs, aliens chemtrails, Elon, . Too much time spent high while playing video games? I think the future is grim for the Ape nation and millennials in general. Why work? Just sit in front of the screen and day trade. If you go broke just go and get government handouts. I have a neighbor like that(lives next to one of my rentals). Has some trust fund money, parents own his rental house. Just day trades. Spends his money on junky cars. Has ten cars parked in his yard that barely run. A hoarder and a hermit. Says he has a girlfriend. Never seen her. Probably a bot, or a blowup doll.

2 Likes

Degeneration of the well-fed is a well documented phenomenon. Is why late SJ said stay hungry, stay foolish and the saying, “innovation born out of necessity”. Society can progress only when people are hungry (not starve) and eager to improve their life resulting in innovation.

2 Likes

Sounds very scary for USA. The entire next generation is addicted to easy life, free money and debt forbearance. They cannot survive against the hungry world.

My hoarder neighbor is one of the better off. I have a fifty year old tenant that works like a dog. Meanwhile her 24 year old son just sits and plays video games. Never leaves his room. White as a ghost. Hugh is huge. 6’5” 300#. We call him Sasquatch. My other tenant is getting evicted. Can’t even get his son to clean his room. Meanwhile he works two jobs and can’t pay rent. In the good old days he would have put that 13year old kid to work. The kid can make $20/hour picking up pine needles and shoveling snow. As much as his old man who is the frozen foods manager at Whole Foods. I had my first job at 9. Delivered newspapers for $1/day.

3 Likes

That’s baby boom’s life. Is our destiny. Around the same age, I go door2door to sell rice dumpling.

2 Likes

They enjoy during early period when parents have money/earning.

They struggle when they become old generation, aged working force…etc.

It is part of the life. It is the way every generation learn the life and survive. It has been like this for many decades.

1 Like

It’s different now. When I was a kid everyone worked. Even if just for allowance. Now no kid will work. Their are laws against it. Plus in those days you were expected to work. Now parents are shamed it their kids work. In fact it is amazing how much kids can make today if they just make a little effort. My buddies kid is 17 makes $6000/m picking up pine needles in the summer. Charges $7/bag. Pays his friends $5/bag… makes the difference.

1 Like

Lol, two weeks ago I blamed my friends for inflation. I told them they are spoiling their kids, and kids don’t work now. That used to be the minimum wage work force. They all started to moan and had a ton of excuses why their kids don’t work.

It’s interesting that a couple years ago at a management offsite we had an icebreaker of what was your first job. Literally, every person from manager to CFO worked in HS.

2 Likes

The poor fellow who serviced my well in the desert can’t find any young helpers worth anything. They fake it and pretend on top of being lazy. He’s sick of having to look over their shoulders. One moron tried to clean some debris out of the points on a pressure tank with a bronze brush - without first turning off the power.
Now “Phillipe” has a young kid, looks maybe 19, likely making minimum wage just acting as a go-fer for tools and watching and learning. He’s a blank slate. Knows nothing and knows he knows nothing. If he can learn the trade, learn to be another Phillipe, he’ll make way more money than some idiot who went and got a social science degree thinking it would be a ticket to the middle class.

A glut of inventory sank profit at Target Corp. further than it expected, sparking investor concerns about the company’s response to an oversupply problem haunting retailers from Walmart Inc. to the parent of T.J. Maxx.

Target’s operating margin declined to 1.2% in the quarter ended July 30, the company said in its quarterly earnings report Wednesday. The report, which came after the company forecast in June that operating margin would shrink to roughly 2%, provided a new tally of the rising cost of the retailer’s effort to swiftly unload unwanted products.

1 Like

That inflation reduction act works wonders!

Those are some big drops for 1-month.

I’m just happy when I find the item I’m looking for an not an empty shelf. I’ve ceased to worry about cost.