Secular inflation is here

Is this a new name for TIPS?

@Jil sounds like an amateur investor and a classic denier. Perhaps he is suffering from recency bias. He thinks that rates will keep falling based on data from last decade. He does not see the bigger picture. Euro inflation is 10+% and US inflation is refusing to fall. Job openings are still growing. If anything Fed will go all out next year and keep raising rates. Non amateurs are expecting 5.5% rate by end of 2023 while amateurs like @Jil and others on this forum are expecting a pivot;. Well in that case they should go all in in the market and in real estate. Heck top up the leverage and go all in. But they won’t. Because they are shit scared in their pants.

Turns out people care a lot more about inflation than abortion. Go figure.

“Notably, when asked what the most important issue in the midterms, 25% said inflation and 11% said abortion and reproductive rights.”

Midterms could be a slaughter due to inflation.

A Democrat defeat could be bullish for the stock market… inflation defeated Carter. It will defeat Carter II also

2 Likes

Trex – The decking and railing maker lost 6.8% after posting weaker-than-expected earnings and revenue. Trex also said it reduced production levels and laid off staff as sales declined.”

I guess that explains why the prices are much lower than 5 months ago.

1 Like

Nice try…you picked something from WQJ and jealous over my proven results from algorithms.

you hate me saying FED stoping rate cut by Dec !

By trying to offend like this, people will come to know your mean attitude.

There are pressure on me, esp from my close stock partner, not to display or reveal hard learnt algorithmic secrets to this blog.

From now on, I will not update this blog until Mar 31, 2023.

Let us see who gains and looses the benefit.

Good luck and good bye to all!

Don’t let resident troll intimidate you. Manch should boot him off this forum.

2 Likes

A new trex deck to replace the wooden one I have around three sides of my home is on my SHTF list for next year if everything comes crashing down, materials get cheaper and labor gets desperate.

I didn’t know that you are also like liberals who try to cancel anyone who disagree with their propaganda. I guess both R and D are two sides of the same coin.

I did TREX deck boards and Apex aluminum railing. Aluminum railing is easier, since I have to surface mount posts into blocking below the deck boards. There’s 0% chance I’m going to penetrate the EPDM and risk creating a leak in flashing around the posts.

I was planning on installing TREX or something similar on my covered concrete patio as well. Do you think this is a good/bad idea? I was considering installing a moisture barrier between the TREX and the concrete too.

It’s not what you say. It’s how you say it.

And what about you, when you openly call someone a troll because they call you out and disagree with you and others. And call them liars. Man you are no different. When you get cancelled you complain but when you get a chance you do the same. You want it both ways no :-).

You need a subframe structure for drainage. I think you’d want at least 2x2’s to mount the TREX onto and maybe even 2x4. You can’t mount it directly to concrete or at least I haven’t seen it done.

oh yeah - ive seen enough youtube videos to know I need to mount it on 2X2s at least :slight_smile:
2x2 || moisture barrier || trex

1 Like

2x2s are a joke. Use 2x4 pt sleepers. Or better yet use pavers … will last a lot longer

1 Like

My desert place has a TREX deck with aluminum railing The whole thing sits on concrete slabs. I’ve had no problems. There is a 1/8" gap between the deck and the house so it’s not technically attached to the house. This negated the need to pull permits. However, the deck is only a bit over 3ft off of the ground. In a desert setting even this minor bit of elevation makes a huge difference with the view.

1 Like

This prediction of @Jil did not age well. Papa Powell crushed his premature dreams today.
Since 2008, Fed has been printing money and suppressing rates and this caused many amateurs to beat the market and they started to think that they are the gurus. Well, now that the tide is going back, they are getting caught naked.

This is a very cool site! It aggregates millions of price data point to gauge the real inflation in real time. Updates daily!

This is today’s number. The exact number is not that relevant and not directly comparable to government statistics. They may weigh things differently and government numbers adjust for seasonality. But the trend direction and the velocity of trend is very informative.

1 Like

“China’s exports to the U.S. fell by 12.6% in October from a year ago, a third-straight month of decline, according to CNBC calculations of U.S.-dollar customs data.”

No wonder shipping costs are falling off a cliff. The fed is definitely over correcting for inflation. This is going to be spectacular in a bad way.