Silicon Valley Is Still The Place To Be

OMG! Really? You need to visit both campuses and get back to me on that one. At SC, try not to get robbed or killed after hours ok??? I will take the hottie with some smarts over that SC rich man’s daughter any day of the week…

There is a reason (and it ain’t all academics or bang for your buck) why UCLA has the MOST undergrad applications of ANY college!!! Go please look it up. Been #1 for years now…

Back on topic…some good news for SV. ANY good news is welcomed in this sea of election he said she said garbage…

Happy Friday, Folks!!!

1 Like

I still don’t get exactly what they are doing except claiming to be Tesla 2.0. They’ve raised a ton of money and are hiring though.

All the car players are setting up shops in the valley, if they are serious about the next round. We are owning the space.

1 Like

I was wondering about those GE commercials for example… how traditional manufacturers are trying to change their image as stodgy, old companies… it is tough, good talent is going to want to go to SV or SF and work for the cool high tech companies that everyone hears about…

http://www.scdigest.com/ontarget/16-10-20-2.php?cid=11425

Honeywell is now 50% software engineers. That’s crazy.

1 Like

Here is one more list predicting about future stars: https://blog.wealthfront.com/2017-career-launching-companies-list/

Bay Area is still majority, but it seems like SF popularity is shifting to Silicon Valley proper (but still majority).

That’s fine…but the workers will still want to live and play in the fab 7x7…

Big Bro and I were having fun “criticizing” our nephews and nieces recently at a family outing. Most of them are paying 2-3k to share an apartment in the city, even though their workstations are in SV or East Bay. Why? Cuz it is fun and exciting here was the most cited response. Sorry, @manch, they ain’t saying that about San Ho…

I agree. My little bro is happy in his Noe rent control apartment while he commutes to Palo Alto daily, coz he love “The City” :slight_smile:

@myo,

Aah, but in that case there may be a real financial incentive to live here (cheaper for him). Yes, time is money and I get that. But we have relatives who have nice posh parent’s homes that are practically empty and much closer to their workstations yet they want to way overpay for some dinky bedroom in a share with strangers in Tha City… We tell them, you could save quite a bit of money AND time…but NO. Not only did they drink the Kool-Aid they want more…

On a related note…

Young people want to put money into landlords greedy paws? Why, music to this landlord’s ears.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2016/10/28/another-silicon-valley-tech-ipo-hits-top-of.html

In Fremont!

I know, but the author still referred to it as SV tech… don’t shoot the delivery guy…

Well, Fremont is part of the valley in my book. Just want to point out that it’s not the usual 101 corridor between SF and SJ, that our beloved East Bay is getting a win.

With Tesla there, it may as well be part of it… Just keep the profitable quarters coming, Elon!

Ok, back to regular programming…

Buy a Tesla first and rent a trailer…obviously not a fan of this forum. .One Tree Hill perhaps…or maybe Lexa…