Speaking Of Lil Kiddies And Their Schools

2 Likes

Oh and of course offered at a lucky $28K!!!

Uh, did this student talk to that Google employee???

1 Like

Opinion piece…

1 Like

“racially insensitive language will not be tolerated.”

This is why education is going down the toilet. It’s not about exploring information, finding facts, and determining the truth. Anyone can derail a study by saying they find the conclusion offensive and insensitive. Now we can’t even discuss the data or facts, so everyone will be ignorant.

“Yes, we’ll respect freedom of speech. But we will also uphold our duty to limit speech that is likely to cause disruption to our students,” he said. “No student should ever be made to feel that their race has anything to do with their ability to succeed.”

Sorry, but you don’t respect freedom of speech. You’re prioritizing hurt feelings over freedom of speech. We aren’t talking about hate speech. We are talking about presenting data.

At our current trajectory, we’ll end up dumbing down our K-12 programs until all students can be A students. It’ll be a massive disservice to our country.

1 Like

Wow. Majority Asian. Or at least you have to scroll down half the page to get to some pictures of non-Asian students…or smiling students…

“In 2016, ninth-graders at BISV who took a worldwide exam had higher test scores in math, reading, and science than the averages of 15-year-olds in China, Korea, and Singapore.”

Not a great measure. There’s got to be a better way to say they’re doing well, which I’m sure they are.

That tuition, btw, is amazing. IIRC the reason is that they don’t pay the teachers a lot, so the teachers cycle through quickly. But if you’re looking for a private that’s going to push the kids hard, that’s the best deal in town.

WTH is going on???

It’s Utah. What’d you expect?

1 Like

Uh, didn’t you think someeeeone would find out???

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/02/20/587356139/head-of-d-c-s-schools-resigns-after-personal-scandal-and-amid-district-tumult

“We want to promote kindness and so we want you to say yes when someone asks you to dance,” she said.

I think this is a reasonable rule as long as there’s no touching during the dance, it’s made clear ahead of time, and it goes both ways–girls can ask and the guy can’t say no either. I don’t like middle school dances anyways, but it’s such an awkward time, if you’re going to have them you might as well do it this way.

Or we can just avoid all the angst and go to computer generated pairings for each dance.

2 Likes

I have to be honest, but I feel like there are other solutions:

• Peer-to-peer tutoring
  • Students pay for after-school sports/clubs/activities, and teachers get paid for the ones they coach
  • Parents step up and donate more
  • Added local tax for a raise

Geez, another thing for you parents to worry about…

1 Like

Better be good with your kids guys…be the example.

We don’t have a figure in the white house you’d like them to follow or be like “it”.

We didn’t elect a person to become so vulgar nobody wants to hear him at all. That’s for sure.

Not good…

That’s despite every liberal policy in the book that’s supposed to help. If you want to close the achievement gap, it starts at home. We need a society that values kids having 2 parents, and parents that take raising kids seriously.

1 Like

On the bright side, it’s only uphill from there for this kid!