Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

I bet he’s not done with stocks and trading for life as he predicted. Greed is a bottomless pit. If TSLA and bitcoin continue to make new high after new high he will feel intense regrets for missing his 100M gain and only has a paltry 14m.

Also, he only felt “the entire financial system is a gigantic lie and rigged and immoral” after he made his 14m.

OK.

3 Likes

Now, you see they sell load of TSLA (8 days before), would have taken enough covered calls/puts to cover the temporary loss, then they speak about TSLA to $7000 in 5 years.

He is ridiculing those who lose money in stock market as dumb.

“playing game with cheat codes on.”

@Jil

Check the date :). $7000 = $1400 today. TSLA is rising faster than what she expect.

$14M is believable. Recall I told you I know some1 who manage to grow a few thousand dollars to tens of million of dollars trading AAPL calls?

Cathie Wood - Don’t bother about TSLA. Look at what she is buying. TDOC REGN RHHBY. Buy those.

@jil, now you understand why I had said no to your “advice”.

As always, one should invest and not gamble.

Yes to no gamble. However, buy n hold investing is boring, trading is entertaining.

1 Like

No doubt about that. I realized that (TSLA is different) when it jumped back $650.

True, TSLA’s corrective wave takes down now and then next wave may take it to such level. She has said 5 years, that is possible. This time, when I see dip, I will take some TSLA (I have to free up money for it).

1 Like

Both @acre and you did not use any EVs. This was discussed long before in this thread. I may not continue any further discussion, but, IMO, your understanding is wrong.

High-lighted is completely wrong, but EVs are used by homeowners for many reasons, esp economically charging. One of my friends used to drive Bolt in his apartment as they have charging station inside apt complex.

Assume charging stations are like gas stations, different names, different capacity but you can charge anywhere. Long before, many drove TSLA (model s) from New York to San Francisco. There are other chargers 50KWh, for which you just need one extra connector, you can charge TSLA. However, Tesla chargers are best 100KWh.

Recently, third time I took my Bolt to Los Angeles and came back, seen 95% ICE cars and 3%-5% EV, mostly Teslas on HWY 5. Just took photos.

If it is less than $50k, don’t bother.

You’re a 4x2. Just because I didn’t mention “unless there is a charging station inside the apt complex”. Allow me to amend my statement, SFHs + apartments with charging stations. The corollary is apartments would need to be retrofitted with charging stations for TSLA and other EVs. How many of which brands? Each parking lot has a few charging stations? For SFHs, owners can decide. For apartments, decision making would be more troublesome.

Btw, there are 1-2 TSLA in my gated community. Millennials. Millennials really love TSLA. Is like a symbol of that generation. Is a status symbol.

1 Like

Yes, first case, likely be 100 shares. If I can not release such money, I will just use puts/calls temporary jumps.

Every new apts are coming with chargers. In 5 years, lot of chargers are coming.

As of March 2020, Tesla operates 16,103 Superchargers in 1,826 stations worldwide; these include 908 stations in the U.S., 98 in Canada, 16 in Mexico, 520 in Europe, and 398 in the Asia/Pacific region.

ChargePoint is the largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network in the world, with more than 20,000 charging locations.

We missed the great ride of BLNK, which is EV network. It jumped 2200% in one year. As of December 31, 2019, it had approximately 14,778 EV charging stations.

2 Likes

That’s the whole problem. They aren’t. 3-5 minutes to fuel versus 30-60 minutes to fuel - or more if it’s not a supercharger. Nearly 200 gas stations for every one charging station. Totally unworkable for most people. Once charging stations and gas stations truly are comparable EV could well take off. In the mean time it’s just a novelty.

1 Like

It may not work out for you ( remote location), but will work out major centers.

In my city, Morgan hill, almost 50% of homes have one TSLA car. I had two EVs, hardly visited gas stations ( May be 10 times an year ) last 5 years.

Transformation is taking place, it takes time. We said EV revolution unstoppable and will replace ICE cars in 10 years.

1 Like

How many days per year do you drive >300 miles? For me personally it’s < 10, and they’re all well-traveled routes like Norcal --> Socal, Norcal --> Tahoe, Norcal --> Redding, Norcal --> Arizona with plenty of superchargers.

We use a PHEV for these types of trips because I agree stopping to charge is inconvenient. The Rav4 Prime will great for this purpose…it’s too bad they aren’t making more of them yet because of their battery shortage. Something like a 4Runner PHEV with 40 miles of electric range would pretty much be my perfect truck.

My ICE 4Runner is 14 years old. Barely broken in. The average ICE car in the US is 12 years old. But people are dumping their EVs after three years. What is environmentally friendly about that? There will still be a .5 billion ICE cars worldwide on the road in 2035. What is going to happen to them? 50 million cars a year being built. 99% are ICE. The transition will take so long that other smarter solutions to EV like hydrogen will become competitive. Hybrids make the most since for the next 20 years.

Last year, new vehicles represented 6.1 percent of vehicles on the road, but this year IHS Markit predicts that they will be around 5 percent of vehicles. While that isn’t necessarily good news for automakers, repair shops could benefit from more people holding onto their vehicles rather than replacing them, particularly in the case of vehicles now coming off of warranties.

5% new only per year. In 20 years only 5% new max per year cars will be electric. That means another 20 years till all electric or a huge cash for clunkers program.

My guess is the future reality will be more like Cuba. A depressed economy with a few new EVs and millions of 30-50 year old ICE clunkers.

1 Like

The wrong stock OTC SIGL went up 1100% by Elon tweet

Moving this to the Tesla thread:

@marcus335 said:
Fuel cell can work off regular gas or even natural gas.

Um, do people realize how expensive it’d be to put chargers in parking spots in a large number? I also doubt the grid would be able to handle the load.

Yes, the grid can’t handle the load now, but they are working on it - lots of fancy ML/AI with control algorithms and IoT - this is what I do for my job (the data side of it). Also, it is $$ to put chargers in parking lots, but its not that bad. and you wouldn’t have to do the entire parking lot. Just a portion for the EV cars that need to charge. Again, because you don’t need build a huge storage facility for gas, its much easier to locate EV charging than gas stations, hence the “load” you see at gas stations will get much more spread out across home charging, office/commercial charging and on street charging (limited now, but I think coming).

About 30. And almost none of those trips involve major urban centers or major corridors between urban centers like I5. And even when it’s over two days I’d still be waiting on my car to charge in the morning of the second day if I got somewhere late on the first. The longest trips - to Tulsa - are just under 1000 miles. I’d just die on one of those if I had to stand around for an hour every 300 miles.
This is a lot like choosing a washing machine. I don’t decide on capacity based upon my average load size. That wouldn’t be rational. The decision is based upon the maximum load size I’ll wash. Anything smaller doesn’t meet my needs.

Then the answer is a PHEV. You’ll be running on electricity 335 days/year and gas the other 30. Rav4 Prime is awesome but dealers are jacking up the price because inventory is so low.

Last 3 years, I am using GM Bolt, 235 miles/charge, daily commute was 80 miles. I have 7.2KWh charger which takes 90-100 mins to charge the vehicle full and every day morning I am full with 200 miles range now. Three times I used to travel between San Jose and Los Angeles on 101 and I5, needs to charge in between only once (total distance 360 miles for me one-way).

I have completed 45000 miles in one lease and trying to complete 36000 this year, but spent only 24000 as we are WFH, no travel.

Last 5 years, we have two EVs for our daily use.

@Elt1 On used teslas in craigslist, from my observation in reddit, ppl selling teslas are buying new teslas because of power train problems and other issues in the older versions and also new updated things in new tesla. So it doesn’t necessarily mean those ppl are moving away from EV.

1 Like

Sounds like it meets your needs given your typical journeys and route choices. Wouldn’t meet mine or most people’s where I live.
As for PHEV - sure, that would work. But why not just use an ICE car? Efficiencies are getting better and better even for AWD. Subaru’s Crosstek get over 30 mpg and is good off-road.
All this is not to say that EV’s don’t have their uses. I have a Yamaha MT-07; it’s a blast. 65 mpg and a 200 mile cruising range. Crazy cheap to run per mile. Does it cover all my transportation needs? No - it isn’t designed to. Same with EV’s. They will be around but will they supplant ICE cars? No.

1 Like