Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

It will be like Cuba. People will keep their ICE cars forever. Boomers already prefer 60s muscle cars to current econoboxes. Most new cars are SUVs. EV versions can’t compete.

Exactly, mixed for a long time.

Solve this problem first

1 car garage (filled with junk) , not parked. 6 car in household. How to charge?
go to EV station outside? soon there will be way more cars than station and there won’t be enough or built fast enough for it.

Not everyone is fortunate like you rich homeowner with big ass house and multiple garage and living with 2 adult and 2 kids. Many many ppl are renting tiny spaces that has no garage.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t you ask @wuqijun to respond?

There is no way BEV can completely replace ICE within 10 years.

I thought you and him are same person or same twitter bots. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yeah, those huge issues. A lot of people live in SFH where it’s street parking only. Another 30% live in MFH. Those people aren’t likely to have access to home charging. For people who can EV charge at home, there’s the cost to install the charger. Also, can the home’s electrical service can handle charger(s) or does it need upgraded? Who has a capacity to add two 50A 240V circuits for 2 EV chargers?

60% of households have under $2k in savings. They aren’t going to buy an EV which requires thousands of dollars in additional investment to charge it at home. This is only practical for the top 10% or optimistically 20% of household income levels.

Just look at the people who are the most bullish on EVs. How many actually own 1? How many of them only rely on EVs in their household?

Why I was laughing? I have almost answered the questions in this forum way long back when TSLA was $200.

Now, people are asking the same questions for which answers are in these 6300 comments !

Okay, here is the last update for today, answering some of the new questions.

Having used 4 EVs for 6 years (until Corona WFH came in picture), finished almost 120000 miles (15k/year), writing based on my experience (wqj does not own EV yet - I think).

Using GM bolt - drove three times San Jose - Los Angeles and back. Each way, I need to stop by 40 minutes (two times) to recharge at stations. Tesla Model 3 may need just one charge depends on battery capacity. Tesla chargers (100KW) are faster than other chargers (40-50KW).

My son used the GM bolt at Los Angeles for 18 months when he was in apt where there was no charging stations. He used near by college charging station, drove 24000 miles.

My friend, who lived in Santa Clara apt, used GM bolt, 3 years used outside chargers weekly two times full charge he made. Used 36000 miles completed lease.

There are plenty of ev chargers across the cities, apart from TSLA super-chargers. Charging companies BLNK jumped from mere $1 to $64 (peak 6400%) now it is $16.91. CHPT (largest) also spiked, now at IPO range.

Within last two years, I see plenty of Model 3,Y, S are on highway 5 and 101 than previously noticed.

People keep outside garage chargers too for 240v, but 110 emergency chargers are free coming with most of the cars.

Almost Every new apartments are having chargers (chargeable basis) , every new home comes with EV enabled.

Here is the future outlook

BYE now.

1 Like

“A lot” live in SFH with only street parking? Like what, 5%?

But you can bet some of those MFH will be able to install at the very least a trickle charge (just a 120 volt line). Of course in Europe 240 V is the standard outlet which is sufficient.

I’d estimate 75% of homes could have easy access to charging at home.

Of course that is a benefit of owning a BEV, but not a requirement. Fast chargers could be used for those who don’t have home charging.

Practically, probably 80% or so (in the U.S) could have easy access to charging.

But that number is meaningless, because people don’t buy new cars every year.

Even when 50% of new car sales are BEVs by 2030, that’s only replacing like 8 million cars a year in the U.S.

We won’t be having issues (due to charging) finding people to buy BEVs for at least 15 years. And by then of course charging infrastructure will be much more abundant and cheaper.

1 Like

I’m guessing the SFH home percent would be higher, since street parking is in the densest areas. How much of SF is street parking? What about Boston, NYC, etc? The biggest population centers on the coasts are street parking. Even Seattle has large areas that only have street parking.

The average for EVs is 30 kWh per 100 miles driven. The average car is driven 14,263 miles a year. That’s 4,279 kWh a year. The average home is using 11,000 kWh, so 1 EV would increase the average home electricity use by 38.9%. I’m really curious how we’re going to generate all that extra electricity, since hot weather results in warnings to use less electricity. Environmentalist will block any new electricity generation that’s not renewable. Now they are blocking power transmission lines to get renewable energy from where it’s produced to where people live.

2 Likes

I don’t need to prove anything. I already made my millions investing into a EV firm. I think I’m going to take a nap now in my “mansion”. Good luck investing and bye now! :rofl:

2 Likes

The hypocrisy of the greenies will be exposed when the needed added 1.25 Trillion kWh is killed by their stupidity. Nuclear power is the only solution. Will be fought by greenies everywhere. Hybrids are the only solution for carbon reduction. Otherwise we need 50 new nuclear plants and more transmission lines charging stations and dozens of new car plants. Not a green solution. Hybrids will bridge the gap till hydrogen takes over. Or until battery technology gets ten times more efficient

1 Like

We need to grow energy production definitey.

Idiots blocking common sense solutions are a problem.

All past growth stocks (e.g. AAPL MSFT) experience this type of behavior eventually. Is due to stock price priced in future growth. However, current situation is more due to reseting valuation from inflated valuation due to QE.

The bigger Tesla gets the more it will be valued like regular car manufacturing companies…with a low P/E valuation. The bigger it gets the less it will be worth.

Maybe TSLA can do all its AI work in Austin now.

1 Like

Where’s he going? FIREing? He’s a nerdy science geek. Seems like money meant much less to him than most people here. If I had his ability, I can also care less… :slight_smile:

I hope this is not an indication of potential issue with FSD progress. I am looking forward to seeing FSD on my model Y by the end of the year.

1 Like

One event, different views,

Because we all know Austin has the best AI talents in the world, nothing to worry about Tesla’s FSD program.

:sunglasses:

Tesla has a good shot at becoming the most valuable company in the world even without FSD.