Tesla’s trillion dollar valuation is fast approaching

TA tells what traders are doing i.e. a popular campaign. LT is a weighing machine.
Traders are shorting all stocks… till Fed U-turn i.e. reduce rate. Pause is not good enough.

Many people will need to lose their job and die from starvation before Fed is willing to U-turn.

Barely one double from my avg purchase price.

1 Like

How does he calculate that $500 fair value?

Saw an article on Nikkei saying Tesla makes 8x profit per car compared to Toyota. One can be bearish or bullish based on whether they think this profit gap will shrink or not.

China risk? Is not up to China. China would only invade if Taiwan declares independence. Taiwan is under heavy pressure from a superpower to declare independence. So Taiwan has to stand firm on its origin as the legitimate capital of China.

A more neutral person would say the Nationalists invaded the island in 1949 and moved there. They killed many native Taiwan people in their invasion too.

But all that is irrelevant. What’s relevant is what the current citizens of Taiwan want and what will they do. Blaming Taiwan for Xi’s action is like blaming a woman for dressing too sexy for rapists to attack. Reminds me of people blaming Ukraine for Putin’s invasion. Ass backward.

Anyway, this is not a political thread. This Chicken guy just realized the “China risk” now? Wow. Such a genius.

2 Likes

Taiwan was already a part of the ROC in 1949. How can you “invade” your own country? What kind of native Taiwan people did they kill? Their own citizens? The Aboriginals? The Japanese were the ones who mistreated both during their occupation. As far as I know, there was no bloodshed when ROC moved their government to Taiwan.

Nope, it was not. Taiwan was ceded to Japan in 1895.

Following the Qing defeat in the First Sino-Japanese War (1894–1895), Taiwan, its associated islands, and the Penghu archipelago were ceded to the Empire of Japan by the Treaty of Shimonoseki, along with other concessions.

In 1945 the Nationalists moved in to take over following Japan’s defeat in WW2.

If you watched the movie 悲情城市 you should know about the “228 incident”.

The February 28 incident , also rendered as the February 28 massacre ,[3][4] the 228 incident ,[5] or the 228 massacre [5] was an anti-government uprising in Taiwan that was violently suppressed by the Kuomintang–led nationalist government of the Republic of China (ROC). Directed by provincial governor Chen Yi and president, Chiang Kai-shek, who was still in Nanjing directing the nation and the Civil War in the Chinese mainland, thousands of civilians were killed beginning on February 28, 1947.[6] The number of deaths from the incident and massacre was estimated to be between 18,000 and 28,000.[1][2]

1 Like

You are contradicting yourself. If Taiwan was given back to China when the Japanese surrendered in 1945, wasn’t it already a part of the ROC in 1949? So how could the ROC invade Taiwan again in 1949?

The incident you described happened in 1947. It didn’t happen in 1949 when ROC escaped to Taiwan after their mainland defeat. So there was no bloodshed in 1949.

I’m not here to justify ROC’s actions, just clarifying things because you have obfuscated history.

@manch has done that quite often. Facts obfuscated and logic twisted to fit his worldview.

Maybe that chicken genius guy should worry more about domestic politics instead of geopolitical risks.

1 Like

This Senator acted as if he owned the entire Congress. Dems are less than 50% the last time I checked.

1 Like

Did not know there’s a chart master on CNBC. But wow everyone on the show is bearish on Tesla.

It is about future returns, based on valuation. Economy is changing with rate hike. General car sales will be slow. Unless Elons declared 50% YOY growth is achieved TSLA slide inevitable.

Elon is focusing his Twitter from brink of bankruptcy. He made this very complex with his arrogance !

He is also selling TSLA shares.

Everything to known to public, and they sell it.

Including a new CEO soon. EM has been dropping hints that he prefers to run SpaceX and let the maturing TSLA and TWTR to be run by professional managers.

1 Like

TWTR he made double mistakes.

1. paying heavy price

2. firing indiscriminately. He should have taken time to research 7-14 days to retain good people and fire unproductive employees. That is best work for owner to improve productivity.

He just showed his anger and throne people out.

His irrecoverable losses will increase more.

Even if professional managers or companies are coming, they work for some paycheck, it will take years to recover or even lead to bankruptcy.

Who knows, wild guess, Elon May further sell his TSLA shares to save the company as he has money only with TSLA!

2 Likes

That’s not the case at all. It’s actually the other way around. He is more than ever hands on with TSLA and TWTR. I think he is dialing back on SpaceX because of the urgency with the other companies.

He did pay a heavy price for TWTR, that’s why he is sleeping in the TWTR headquarter to make sure this company goes down the path he wants.

He is not firing indiscriminately. The people he let go are either not fit with his work culture or not competent enough as compared to other coworkers. It’s a very calculated move to trim fat, since many people there are dead weight and unproductive.

Anyways, I think this forum has always misunderstood Elon, Tesla, and now Twitter. That’s too bad because Tesla is one of the greatest investment opportunities of our lifetime. Missing out on that will cause irreparable regret down the road.

1 Like

Looks like Elon took Big loan to pay off TWTR now,